Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #1

Please Don't Laugh!

Just wondering if Anybody has this problem. Every time I flip the switch to turn on the Propane for the Oasis my radio turns on. Do I have the only propane powered Radio.( Wonder if this was an option LOL.) I then turn the radio off and it seems that every time the circulation fans turn on, on comes the radio again! If I sell this Coach should I ask more because of this option!!! P.S. Anybody know how to remedy this.
Redwing 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #2

Thanks for the levity! I couldn't help myself and did laugh out loud.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would start with checking all your ground connections and electrical power connections.

Also make sure the salesman switch is turned on and the relay is working properly.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #4

Electricity is a funny thing, kind of like water it can flow to places you would never think if not properly wired, and usually the point of least resistance.

Not on our MH, but when we bought the house we now live in we were doing some remodeling and I decided to replace all the receptacles, switches ect myself. Later that night we found that when we turned on one switch in the living room, it would turn on lights in the bedrooms, turn on the lights in the bedrooms and it would also turn on some outside lighting. We thought the house was haunted. Called a relative that is an electrician, and he fixed the whole thing in about an hour. I had somehow installed the wrong switches/receptacles( or didn't know you had to cut something on them). He said it happens all the time with DIY'ers.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I remember as a kid in my fathers car we would turn on the radio, the flashers, a turn signal, step on the brake and then radio would go on and off with the flashers without the keys in the car. Electricity will find a path where it can. Good thing we didn't have the keys...
Old 06-06-2018, 12:14 PM   #6

I am guilty! [emoji15]. I too laughed out loud. You have a great sense of humor!
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #7

radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
I remember as a kid in my fathers car we would turn on the radio, the flashers, a turn signal, step on the brake and then radio would go on and off with the flashers without the keys in the car. Electricity will find a path where it can. Good thing we didn't have the keys...
I had a 1967 Falcon Sports Coup that when you stepped on the brake, the radio would come on with the keys out of the ignition. Replacing the turn signal flasher fixed the problem. You never know the path of electricity.
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #8

Lol could you modify my New Aire to work like that! . . .
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #9

Oasis and propane?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Definitely want to watch this one for a solution.

And while we are talking about electrical oddities, I had a 71 Mustang convertable that would not start unless you hit the horn. It was pretty cool/funny for a while before it became annoying. Turned out it was a bad ground... go figure.
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #11

If Anybody would like to see this wonder of wonders we will be in Gillette for the rally, going to see if Newmar has any Ideas.! Bring hot dogs, Im going to try and extend the awning and see if we get flames.
Redwing 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Things like that make you want to laugh provided you can find the problem. The coach we are about ready to buy had a report that occasionally when the half-bath toilet was flushed it would turn off the bedroom TV.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:41 AM   #13
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
Is the first song you hear...

...Classical Gas?

Just wondering.
Texas Ex '78, Mostly-Used Retired USAF
PhB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #14

Some people don't like to hear the Oasis pump running. So the radio is probably wired to provide some soothing music so the pump isn't objectionable