Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #1

Please rec Newmar dealer

Live in East Tennessee and need a reputable dealer. Planning to go full time later this year and we want someone we can trust and work with. Looking at canyon star. We are willing to travel if needed but hoping for something fairly close. Thanks for your help.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search. I'm sure others will be along shortly with some names.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you are looking for a Newmar coach try Buddy Gregg RV in Knoxville as a starting point. There are also other Newmar dealers in states nearby like Louisiana, North Carolina etc.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I recently ordered a new Dutch Star from Jon Steinbring. Very pleasant to deal with and offered very competitive pricing. Not very close to you, however.
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #5

WE happen to be in the Knoxville area a couple of weeks ago and stopped by Buddy Gregg off I40 if you want to look at some units, they had quite a few 2014 Canyon Stars in stock along with a couple of 15' at least you can get an idea of which model. Since you live in East Tn. Buddy Gregg is a servicing dealer and are authorized service center... that is important to me even if you don't buy from then. I think the guy we spoke with was Randy Thompson he was a nice guy, not pushy and we didn't feel like we needed to make a deal that day. If you do not mind to travel I'd call Tom Lindstom in California he is a great dealer, very knowledgeable, can't beat his price but and service.. but it's a long way to go to just look at one :-0 A couple of other folks on here are recent buyers of Tom.. they will no doubt agree.
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #6

I haven't purchased yet, but I am very impressed with Diesel Dan out of Northtrail spent a couple hours with him at Tampa show he is amazing wealth Newmar knowledge.
Flynryan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2 Jonah.
Here is a Brochure and Owners Guide for you.
Below in my signature are links to Newmar information and threads on people purchasing 2015 MH's in QT's # 3.
Here is a list of Newmar dealers.
Good luck in your hunt and full time.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #8

Give Tom Lindstrom a call. He is in Moorpark Califorinia. He is the owner of the Dealership and you will only deal with him when it comes to ordering or pricing. He is an honest hard working guy who you can trust. Once he has your info he will not keep bugging you after you make the first contact and let him know what you are looking for, but will continue to offer you advice and information every time you ask. So don't be afraid to leave your contact info on his website message. His integrity and knowledge of the Newmar Brand are second to none. He is one of the top 10 Newmar dealers in the Country. We bought our Canyon Star from him and couldn't be happier. Although we get ours serviced through him as he is only 80 miles from us, you can get your Newmar serviced anywhere and he will help you with how to do that. His price was about $6000 better than all the other dealers we worked with. When he does the PDI, it is done and he will not deliver the MH until it is working as it should. Guys like this are hard to find so I go to bat for him whenever someone asks. Several people I have referred to him have bought from him and have been very happy they have(in fact one of my friends who lives in Tennessee is working with Tom now). You can get all his info at Tom Lindstrom Inc., definitely worth a call.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNJ View Post
If you are looking for a Newmar coach try Buddy Gregg RV in Knoxville as a starting point. There are also other Newmar dealers in states nearby like Louisiana, North Carolina etc.
X2 Buddy Gregg. I was on the road with a failure and Newmar shipped part to them. Arrived at dealer two days after part shipped, and they had me in & out in 1 hour. They understood I was passing through and moved me to head of line. Buddy Gregg personnel went above and beyond what many other dealers will do.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:41 AM   #10

Thanks for the suggestions! I was hoping to hear some good things about buddy Gregg. Hope his prices are great also. Of course as we go full time, tennessee will be a fond memory and will only pass through occasionally. We will be spending 70-80% of our time along southern routes (florida - southern CA) so a dealer nearby is important to us.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jonah,
Consider not going to Buddy Gregg. There are several owners where I have a lot in a motor coach resort who purchased and had service at Buddy Gregg. When the family owned the dealership, they swore by Buddy Gregg. Now things have changed and they swear at Buddy Gregg. None will return to the dealership for service. The best techs left and they go to where the techs went. I do not know how they are on the sales side.

My vote will be for North Trail RV in Ft. Myers, Florida. Work with "Diesel" Dan Cutting. He sells more Newmar coaches than any other person in the USA. He is extremely knowledgeable about Newmar. Dan will never try to sell you anything. He will work with you as you see fit.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a thread that will direct you to some dealers that people have been happy with and some that will do a very good PDI as the factory does.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #13

Consider not going to Buddy Gregg. There are several owners where I have a lot in a motor coach resort who purchased and had service at Buddy Gregg. When the family owned the dealership, they swore by Buddy Gregg. Now things have changed and they swear at Buddy Gregg.

GaryKD. This is exactly what I was concerned about and glad you confirmed my suspicion. I don't mind visiting the local for "shopping" but when it comes time to write a $100k + check - I want to feel "good" about the experience, well, as good as one can spending 100k Up till a few days ago we were leaning toward a tiffin (spent time in a few and liked what we saw except only one model permits a washer/dryer which is a must for the DW). Then read some major issues some were expecting w the tiffin so now have found Newmar and really like what I'm reading - hearing about them. We are leaning toward the 3610 or 3914 and plan to tow a 2007 accord for our full time life. More research for tow bar and aux brakes etc.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. A large part of my decision will be the support available and this forum is super. You are all great!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #14

Another suggestion for Tom Lindstrom RV in Moorpark Ca. His personal cell phone number if you want the best deal 818-383-8895. He is the owner and will be the person you will be working. Best customer service for a purchase of a Newmar.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar