Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
plumbing diagram for wet bay 2000 DSDP

Does anyone have a plumbing diagram for the wet bay. My problem is low flow/pressure to the shower-sink-toilet. I have a regulator on the faucet. I can unhook the hose from the city water connection and get good flow from the hose. I have gutted and then replaced the check valve in the city water connection. I have removed the element from the water filter. So far no change. With my bad knee it is difficult to get down on the ground and follow the plumbing after that and the diagram that came with the coach leaves more than a little to be desired. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #2

Do you have an adjustable regulator , with a pressure gauge ?
Many times this kind of problem is low park pressure and/or a pressure regulator failure.
Good flow is not always good pressure.
Have you tried hooking up without your regulator ?
Asked your neighbors about their pressure?
Another poster found out that the park pressure was down because they were filling the swimming pool .
Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Pressure gauge reads 45 pounds. Same response from the hose with and without. Have had the same problem at other camp grounds. Have been here 4 weeks and always the same.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #4

Is the strainer washer still in place in your city washer hook up ?
If someone has removed the strainer then debris that the strainer should have kept out of the system could be lodged anywhere in the fresh water system.
I don't have a diagram but know my flow goes, city water hook up, back flow check valve, water filter housing , Fresh tank fill valve and then into the rest of the MH.
Is your coach pre plumbed for a washer ? Can you get a pressure gauge onto that tap to check pressure in the coach ?
Is this a new to you coach ? Has the pressure ever been better?
Old 06-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Yep. Still have the strainer. Bought the MH last fall and because of my knee and other excuses didn't use it much until this spring so to my knowledge it has been this way since we have had it.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In QT's # 3 we have some plumbing diagrams I believe.
Make sure the fresh tank fill valve is turned to city water and the outside shower faucets are closed.

Try the city water connection without the water pressure regular and see if a difference, I have never used one in these parts.

This 2000DSDP Owners Guide has pretty much what you will see for plumbing on any coach by Newmar. look at end of PDF.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #7

So it could be the nature of the beast.
If you have an adjustable regulator crank it up to 60 psi. Newmar listed max. and then look for a gauge that you can fit to an inside tap. If the gauges read the same you may be stuck with it.
If you haven't already check the faucet strainers, and the shower head for construction debris; they may have never been off.
I replaced my kitchen and bath tap sets with residential and noticed increased flow there. Had the toilet out for re-seal and can't remember if there was a strainer in the inlet to the foot valve.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
If it is the nature of the beast when I get back to storage I will disassemble until I find the bottleneck and correct it. In the maintime when I get back to a computer I will find qt#3 and see what that says. Until then thanks for the help. Always want things to be simple and sometimes they are not.

Tags
plumbing