Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2022, 01:30 PM   #1

Pocket door problems

My C. S. has 2 pocket doors. One works fine, the other will not stay in the pocket while traveling so we have an expandable child's gate to hold it in place. The finger lock in the door moves up and down but does not secure the door in place. I have not taken the lock apart yet hoping for some advice.
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

If you have double pocket doors together, on the bottom of the door without the handle, there is a plastic track. On the wall is a bracket that goes in the track to pull the doors together. Check to see if the bracket is in the track and check to see if your track at the bottom of the door isn't broken at one end. You might need to use a mirror or your phone camera in the selfie setting. You can then see the track without removing the doors. If you are referring to a single door, then you need to check the plunger at the top of the track and see if it's going into the area to lock into place.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:37 AM   #3

This might help...

https://www.instructables.com/Fixing...-Sliding-Door/
Old 08-13-2022, 05:34 PM   #4

Thanks for the info guys. I frond out the maker is Trusty.??? Can't find anything on the net about them. I will call Newmar on mon.
It is a single door with the rollers on the top and a rod that is supposed to go up into a hole in the header. Released by pushing down on the handle. The only thing is the rod is about a 1/16 of an inch from going into the hole and holding the door open or closed. I can't see any way to adjust the travel of the rod and see no adjustments I can make on moving the door up or down. I also don't want to take the handle apart till I know more. Looks to me like the header and door were put in then the walls finished and wallpapered so you can't get to the working parts or the door,
Old 08-13-2022, 07:12 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Liberally spray the handle mechanism and rod at top of door with WD40 and then wipe off the excess. Occasionally these assemblies need lube and won't allow the rod to fully extend (sticky).
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 12:06 PM   #6

Problem solved! Taking another look there is a small nut at the bottom of the rod that goes up and down. Got in there with the smallest needle nose plyers I have and was able to turn it to give the rod more travel. That nut can actually be moved with just your fingers.
Thanks for the help

Tags
door, ems, problem, problems