Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2019, 02:30 PM   #1

Potential Newmar Buyer Question

He everyone.
I was hoping to get some feedback on a Newmar bunk model 4310 or 4326.
Does anyone have any experience with either model and could help me with the goods and bads? We’re a family of 4, kids ages 5 and 7. Looking for an upgrade from our current unit. Ideally we could sleep 2 couples with two kids (even if the kids are on blowup mattress)
Bobo_Wickersham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #2

following
Old 07-05-2019, 03:31 PM   #3

Yes. Just sold our 2018 4326. Most likely ordering a 2020 4326. Sent you my phone number.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:10 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo_Wickersham View Post
He everyone.

Does anyone have any experience with either model and could help me with the goods and bads? We’re a family of 4, kids ages 5 and 7. Looking for an upgrade from our current unit. Ideally we could sleep 2 couples with two kids (even if the kids are on blowup mattress)

Have you considered a 4312? It’s a rear bunk model and we really like the layout. You don’t loose precious living space with the wall side bunks. Kids enjoy the separate room. Let me know if you would like to chat more.

2016 DS 4312
BlackOpsJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:54 AM   #5

Quote:
He everyone.
4310 here! 2nd full bath is really nice, but we are not large people. Jack knife couch makes an uncomfortable bed, but works for 2 small children.
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOpsJeep View Post
Have you considered a 4312? It’s a rear bunk model and we really like the layout. You don’t loose precious living space with the wall side bunks. Kids enjoy the separate room. Let me know if you would like to chat more.

2016 DS 4312
I am open for suggestions. I heard it gets really hot in the rear bunks. Minimum airflow? What’s your experience?
Any suggestions on where to look for a good used one minus RV trader?
Old 07-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
He everyone.
We have had our 4310 for 2 years and really like it. That being said, I believe (someone out there confirm for me) that the Ventana 4310 will go away in 2020. We chose the 4310 over the 4326 as we travel with our adult autistic son and needed the longest bunk we could find (76 inches). If it were not for that, we may have chosen the 4326 as we don't need the second shower. And having a king bed would have been nice.

Also note that the Dutch star 4310 has 73 inch bunks...not sure why. And that may not matter to you anyway. It did for us.

We did have Newmar swap out the shower for closet space, so we ended up with a 4310/4326 hybrid.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to chat.
Rich
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I am open for suggestions. I heard it gets really hot in the rear bunks. Minimum airflow? What’s your experience?

Any suggestions on where to look for a good used one minus RV trader?

Well the rear bunk area has its own temperature sensor and its own AC unit, it doesn’t have to get hot if you run your genset while driving and run the AC..we have not had any heat issues.

It really comes down to floor plans that you and your family like/need/want.

We had a Fleetwood Discovery 40G with a similar layout as the 4310 and it worked for awhile but once we found a slightly used (1 year old) 4312 we snatched it up, difficult to find. But I have a Newmar dealer friend I can hook you up with to assist in finding one.
BlackOpsJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOpsJeep View Post
Well the rear bunk area has its own temperature sensor and its own AC unit, it doesn’t have to get hot if you run your genset while driving and run the AC..we have not had any heat issues.

It really comes down to floor plans that you and your family like/need/want.

We had a Fleetwood Discovery 40G with a similar layout as the 4310 and it worked for awhile but once we found a slightly used (1 year old) 4312 we snatched it up, difficult to find. But I have a Newmar dealer friend I can hook you up with to assist in finding one.
Hi BlackOps.

Any assistance you could provide locating a unit that’s not on RV trader or somewhere that’s not too public it would be great.
Phone number is 704-315-9420. Text is best if that’s ok.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:38 PM   #10

Hi everyone.

I found this RV on RV Trader. I spoke with the owner today for a while and he answered all of my questions.

Prior to making an offer, i wanted to get any feedback from this group.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...313-5008156364
Old 07-07-2019, 07:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Hi everyone.

I found this RV on RV Trader. I spoke with the owner today for a while and he answered all of my questions.

Prior to making an offer, i wanted to get any feedback from this group.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...313-5008156364
Make sure they have all the service records and have an inspection done by a certified tech who know diesel pushers. I am sure others can speak to what needs inspected beyond the normal PDI stuff and any short comings with that class a. Interested to follow your journey on this coach as we are looking towards a Newmar bunk model. Best of luck in your search.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #12

The bunks are really close to the living area. Will that bother you... or the kids for sleeping?
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:43 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Potential Newmar Buyer Question

Ventana 4310 here. We have 5 “kids”. Ages 14 to 25 with the 4 oldest from 5’ 10” to 6’2”. The 3410 Ventana had the longest bunks so that was an easy decision for us. We don’t have the 3 adult kids on every trip but they do make some. We also have 4 dogs that travel with us. We aren’t full time and generally going on 1-2 week outings at a time.

As mentioned the mid-bath shower is tight but my ex-football player son can shower there (not his favorite but possible).

We have the 8 seatbelt option with the dinette. For our Spring trip we had 7 of us - parents in the bedroom; teens in bunks; 2 on the queen sleeper sofa; and the 7th on an inflatable queen bed on top of the lowered dinette with the ottomans supporting the far end. The ottomans without tips are about the same height as the dinette with all cushions removed - felt backed 1/2” plywood over the 24” hanging over the ottomans and you have a large queen bed. Didn’t even pull out the jack-knife which is too small for my crew.

3 AC units work great even with that many bodies. We just did a week at Myrtle Beach in the 90s and our dark colored coach stayed at the 73 degrees I set it (4 humans 4 dogs this trip). Just follow the instructions in the thread Neal C started last week on keeping the coach cool.

I can provide more - let me know if you have targeted questions.
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
The bunks are really close to the living area. Will that bother you... or the kids for sleeping?
We did a facetime walk yesterday with the owner. The kids bunks actually close off into a separate "room". there is a door between the bunks and master bedroom. i dont think it will be an issue.

i feel good about the purchase pending additional feedback from this group. We have settled on a price of $260k at the moment.

Tags
newmar