Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Power Entry Step

My power entry step will not stay deployed with the drive engine off? The switch in the passager console is not working ( I think) the step works it just won't stay out.

2015 DS 4002
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you have the same motor and controller as I do unplug the 4 wire connector above the step. You should have 12v on the red to ground, (Don't have my notes with me) 12v to white or yellow when ignition is on and 12v to the other when switch is on. Switch your meter to continuity and check from ground to the brown wire while opening and closing the door as this is the door switch. This is the connector going to the coach not the controller side. Hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 fan View Post
If you have the same motor and controller as I do unplug the 4 wire connector above the step. You should have 12v on the red to ground, (Don't have my notes with me) 12v to white or yellow when ignition is on and 12v to the other when switch is on. Switch your meter to continuity and check from ground to the brown wire while opening and closing the door as this is the door switch. This is the connector going to the coach not the controller side. Hope this helps.
Yellow wire is ignition switch power, if 12v is present with ignition OFF controller will not read signal from the Override (panel) switch. White wire is from the panel/override switch, if volt reading does not change with position of switch check voltage at the switch.
If voltage is On and Off from both sources problem is at or in controller.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Take the key out of the ignition, open the door 4 times, step stay out if not flip the step switch open the door 4 times.

Post back with the result.
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Step is fixed. Turned out to be the rocker switch in the overhead.

Tags
power