RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #1

Power Incline Bed

Thinking of ordering a DS 4639 soon and just wondering about this option. Who has it, who likes it, who doesn't like it?
Big_Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Lebowski View Post
Thinking of ordering a DS 4639 soon and just wondering about this option. Who has it, who likes it, who doesn't like it?
I have the "power incline adjustable bed base" option on my Canyon Star. I have the toy hauler model.

With the slide out, raising the bed, puts more space between the foot of the bed and the cabinets along the opposite wall. It makes more space to get to/through the door to the garage, which is centered on the back wall, then with the bed down.

Not necessary for me & my wife, but my 160lb Great Dane gets a little intimidated navigating the smaller space between the foot of the bed, the wall, and the cabinets when the bed is down..

It also makes it possible to load the lower drawers, without putting the bedroom slide out.

I don't know if I would have ordered it if I had purchased the MH new.. but I bought it used, it was there, and that's what I use it for...
Old 10-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #3

The order sheet in 2018 said you had to omit the bed windows, so we didnít get it. Without the incline bed it makes the entrance into the rear bath a bit awkward in my opinion. Later I learned that you can get the incline bed and add the windows back as a special.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:04 PM   #4

I think this can work well

Old 10-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #5

I optioned the reclining bed and then specialed the bedroom windows to add them back. The vertical portion of the valances are left off as the head of the bed hits them when elevated. So you can still get the bedroom windows which I love for the cool breeze. The down side of the reclining bed is that it eats up the under bed storage. I have to keep my spare DR chairs in the basement. For as much as I use the elevation function, I would rather have the under bed storage.
gjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:38 AM   #6

Thanks everyone for the replies. Not sure if we'll go with this option yet and the loss of storage under the bed is a definite con, so thanks especially for that insight.
Big_Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:52 AM   #7

Spartan Chassis
We optioned it into our 2019 DS 4369, but wouldn't again. It didn't give as much extra room at the end of the bed as hoped for. We rarely ever opened the shades on our prior coach so losing the windows wasn't an issue. But we do miss the extra storage under the bed.

Tags
power