Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #1

Hi,

Is there a company that makes power wrap-around privacy curtains for my 2006 madp. The manual curtains are very hard to pull and catch alot in several places along the tracks.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Keith

2008 F-350 4WD toad
keithmadp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #2

Hi,

Is there a company that makes power wrap-around privacy curtains for my 2006 madp. The manual curtains are very hard to pull and catch alot in several places along the tracks.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Keith

2008 F-350 4WD toad
keithmadp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 PM   #3

Keith,

Our Essex has the power wrap around curtain and I hate it. When retracting we have to stop it just short of fully retracted and manually line up all the pleats, then finish retracting.

I like the 2006 Dutch Star manual pull down shade (one shade all the way across the front.) And the 07 Essex has the power shade that fits all the way across the front and all the way down. Has also electric side shades that go all the way down for privacy.

I am looking at replacing my curtain with either one of the two described above, or look for a suplier that has one that will fit.

Just something to think about before purchasing the power curtain.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:37 AM   #4

This brings to mind something that happened at Camp Newmar last month. The Essex owner next to me was unhappy with the pull curtains as well. He asked them to put in the power ones. They told him they would have to redo valances and other items since the power curtains took a couple of inches more space. He litterally drove to local hardware store and bought a For Sale sign and put in his front window. He then went off to negoitate for a new Essex with, you guessed it, power curtains.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:09 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Now I don't care WHO you are, THAT'S FUNNY!!

(Sounds like something I would do....)
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #6

Like many options and features. Once you have power shades, you will never want one without.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #7

Does the 2007 Essex have power shades for the front curtain? I know the MADP has those new pull down shades -- i thought the Essex was the same type... ??

Lucy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
HeresLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #8

Hereslucy, Yes the '07 Essex has power up and down full black out curtains for the windshield and each side. They are standard.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #9

Hmmm -- so i'm guessing we could ask for that upgrade on the MADP. They seemed real flexible on making changes.

I must explore the other goodies i might be able to get from the Essex. he he he. A nice winter project.

Lucy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
HeresLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #10

Hi! There goes another option we did not think of. Time for the For Sale Sign. Paul
Old 11-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #11
cwg

That was one of the pleasant surprises on our new Essex. I really love that feature as I got so tired of trying to fold the curtain pleats previously as one person mentioned.

Now the really COOL feature of the power privacy curtains no one mentioned is that the front windshield curtain is white on the front side and black on the interior side. Somebody was really thinking when it came to that design so as to help lessen the frontal area heat buildup.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #12

When someone figures out how to upgrade an 06 MADP 4304 with the automatic black out shades, please share. I like the pleated shades over curtains, but they are a little difficult to open and close. The upgrades will never stop, I guesss that is what will keep us buying new.

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote