Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #1

Problem with HWH jack

We have a 2011 Mountain Aire on a Spartan chassis with HWH leveling system. I have one jack that will not stay extended. I leveled the motor home Wednesday afternoon and by Friday afternoon one jack was about 3" above the ground. It is obviously retracting very slowly. Any body know what I need to fix it?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #2

sounds like a piece of dirt got in to the solinoid vavle and will not let it close completely. You could try running the jacks manually to try and get it to free up
newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #3

Its a leak. Here's my speculation list:
1) dirt in the needle valve precluding seating & allowing leak back- take pressure off by putting all jacks up, remove valve, retract needle (t-handle or lever), clean needle seat area, reinstall & check
2) needle valve nose piece has come undone from valve body & needle no longer seats- remove valve per #1, check "panel nut" for tight. If not tight, re-seat nose piece against needle, tighten panel nut (remember nose piece is aluminum), reinstall & check
3) leak in hose or fitting someplace; you should see the oil (eventually) on the ground, might be pooling in a basement bay till it finds a hole.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #4

New problem ? or is the Coach new to you ?
First thing is to do is inspect the fluid line from the pump to the jack for a leak. Then make sure the manual release valve is fully turned off.
HWH help line may be the next step. any warrenty on the coach?
Sorry looks like Mike and I were typing at the same time , I'm just slower!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions. We've had the coach since February and this is the first I've noticed the problem. I have no mechanical experience with the jacks but I will do some exploring using your advice to guide me. It's raining now and has been since yesterday morning so it will wait until tomorrow to start crawling around underneath.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Had the same problem on my 05 Kountry Star with the HWH system,the right front one would always retract,no outside oil leaks.
The valve handle was closed ok.Finally pulled the valve out of the valve manifold, you could see that the sealing O-rings inside were all twisted and mangled. HWH replaced the O-rings and tested the valve.I re-inserted the valve with oil on the O-rings very carefully....No more problems.
It was a very messy oily job,had a BIG pan underneath but it fixed the problem. I was out of warranty and had to do it myself.
Siggy
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote