Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Problem with Signal Booster on Winegard Razar

Hi:
Newbie here with first post and a question. I have a 2019 Newmar Ventana 4002 with the Winegard Razar TV antenna. The signal booster that is behind the passengers seat on the wall of the coach has the light on designating "On" and the light over the search function button is also on. The booster will not turn off nor will it search for signal. I have held the on-off button down for several seconds to see if that would turn it off, pressed the search button -- no activity shown. The coach is brand new purchase in Oct 2019. I drove it home from the dealership, parked it in our barn and due to medical issues it has been sitting there every since. Health issue has improved slightly (post surgery) and now we are pulling it outside to get things setup to begin using this summer. The signal booster worked last fall, but now it's either froze up like a computer or broken. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. When I tried to auto tune channels to one of the tv's it didn't pick up any channels or show any signal. Thanks
Gnewmarvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Try removing it from the wall, then disconnect power for a moment then reconnect power and see if that clears it up. (you are rebooting it)
alan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #3

I installed one on my brothers RV and he had the same problem. It can be re-booted by pressing the two right side buttons. There will be a button on the top of the plate and the bottom of plate on the right side. After re-booting, then press search and see if it works. It did for us.
Good luck
Old 07-06-2020, 12:36 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the reply Alan1. Before i saw your reply I did take the two screws out that holds the plate to the wall and pulled it out. Couldn't get it out very far, but did see a white which looked like it went to the power button. The other site was red and looked like it would go to the search button. On the bottom were three very small black wires, not sure where those go. I half heartily tried to remove the white wire, but was afraid to pull very hard. It is really on there. I'll try again. Thanks
Old 07-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hey Jim L. Thanks for the reply. I just tried your suggestion and it worked. Thank you so much for the help. I noticed you're in Indianapolis. I'm a little north of you in Lebanon. Take care and thanks again.

Tags
problem