Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #1

Propane detector fuse location.

Putting the camper away for the winter. Decided to change out the propane detector on our 2004 Neumar Kountry Star 3353 DP. Aged out years ago.

Couldn't find the fuse, checked: Under dash panel (top of the dash). Under "hood" (generator compartment) both panels etc under the plexiglass cover, in the power cord / charger compartment, Main computer compartment right rear compartment, bedroom aft pax side main fuse box. Bedroom main fuse box has a position marked for propane detector but no fuse or even connectors have ever been installed there. Decided to change it anyway.

Managed to touch something. Now no power to detector. NOW I have to find the the blown fuse. Suggestions on where Neumar may of put this fuse back in 2004 would be greatly appreciated. Have owned this coach for 12 plus years so don't think anything has been changed on this system since new. Everything else seems to work fine.
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2021, 09:50 PM   #2

Fuse location

Just came across the same thing while installing new LED bulbs in the hallway courtesy lights. Pulled unit and checked wiring, check all fuse locations with no luck on 2005 Mountain Aire. Will be interested in replyís.
Jpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Propane Detector Fuse

Hello all -
I just replaced the propane detector in our 2004 Mountain Aire 4301. I couldn't find power at the 2 wires no matter what I did. The manuals all said that there is a fuse; ours "should be" located in the bathroom at the electrical panels. There is a fuse position labeled LP Detector on the panel... BUT it isn't connected to anything so no point in puttinga fuse in an unwired socket.
I heard from another user that Newmar said that there would be an inline fuse running to the detector itself running in the line in the wall behind the detector itself, but I could not find one there, either.
Short version: there is a switch in the front control panel where A/C thermostat, tank levels, AGS system are located, and the switch only says "LP" below it. I had assumed that was an electric valve opening/closing the LP tank like on other rigs that I have had, but I was wrong.
The switch sends power to the LP detector. AH! So - now everything works with new LP detector in place and switch "On". I added a small label below the switch so that it now reads "LP Detector".

Hope this helps someone else so you don't waste time hunting for a fuse that I couldn't find, either.

John
Towing 2006 Honda CR-V
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #4

Thank you I'll give that a try in the AM.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:47 AM   #5

Leak detector

That did it, thanks
Jpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great news

I'm so happy to be able to give back where I have received so much. Love this web group!
Safe travels....John
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #7

Found it!!

It was an inline 1A fuse tucked in the back of the power cord compartment. Looked in there before but missed it. The inline fuse comment got me to take a third look.

Thanks much!

Tags
cat, fuse, propane