RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Zak

Punch sheets for warranty work?

I've caught a lot of discussions from veteran members on keeping a list of new coach defects or warranty items over year one of ownership, to bring back to the mothership for repairs...

My dealer did not tell me about this process at time of delivery. They are 600 miles away, newmar is about 900.

How does one go about documenting and booking any warranty work prior to the one year warranty being up?

Example, if an led light is blinking, or your captains chair motor is fried etc etc? How do you set an appointment with newmar and have them deal with everything in an efficient manner? Just phone and book? Can one do same at any newmar dealer instead? Steinbring in Minneapolis is only about 300 miles south of me, but I didn't buy there...

Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
The first thing to do is to call Customer Service with your list in hand. They like documentation in the form of e-mails and e-mailed photos if possible, but it looks like you won't be able to document the two examples you gave with photos.

They can give you some options on repair, I do know that they will authorize non-Newmar service centers to do repairs, for example, if you know of a mobile repair service in your area they would probably authorize them to do some repairs.

We had most of our warranty service issues dealt with by an authorized Newmar service center about 120 miles away we did not buy the coach from, in fact they had decided to drop motor homes and concentrate on trailerables during the recession. They were able to handle things relatively efficiently, we did have to leave the coach with them. Approval for warrranty repairs took a couple of days, parts took from a week to two weeks depending on the supplier.

Luv2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:15 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You could maybe use their PDI LIST to keep track of items to be repaired.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #4

Zak, calling Newmar customer service is good advice. They will document the problems aginst your coach serial number. Where to get service is another issue. I have had a mobile service authorized for service and other providers authorized for either for body work or jacks etc.. The best place for GOOD service is Newmar. Once the issues are ID'd repairs will be covered. You don't have to be at Newmar within the year.

Actually we enjoy going to Nappanee. It is a very laid back town with good Amish food and the area has much to see and do.

Good luck which ever way you go.

Al Sawyer
'05 Mt. Aire
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I got my initial wty. Work done at my dealer, North Trail. Great outfit! An added bonus is they have a Newmar rep on site who can expedite repairs and shipping.
Those guys were great during the buy process and even better with their service.

Contrast that with a dealer here in TX near me. They want me to leave it with them( it's my home!...no thanks!). They have no factory guy so any parts needed will require a wait for shipping. They don't seem to want to handle my entire list...only a days' worth of stuff. And for that I need to drive a couple hundred miles to get to them.

I keep a running list of needed repairs on my cell phone..I can add to it at the time I notice it rather than trying to remember later.

Bottom line....get to a Dealer with a factory guy on site and I think you'll have the best experience.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote