Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2021, 09:33 AM   #1

Quartzsite

Is the Newmar group having a get-together at Quartzsite this year? And what are the dates?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2021, 02:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKConnie View Post
Is the Newmar group having a get-together at Quartzsite this year? And what are the dates?

The Newmar Kountry Klub Gathering in Quartzsite is Jan 18 thru 22. Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I still don't get the dates the Kountry Klub uses every year. They get there before the show opens and then are there for opening day and leaving the second day. This is the busiest day(s) of the show.

Is there some reason why these dates are always used that I'm missing???
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:41 PM   #4

The Newmar Quartzsite Gathering is held the week before the big tent event. Since the tent event starts on a Saturday then the NKK event starts on the Tuesday before the start of the tent event.
Newmar Man
Old 12-02-2021, 11:23 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
The Newmar Quartzsite Gathering is held the week before the big tent event. Since the tent event starts on a Saturday then the NKK event starts on the Tuesday before the start of the tent event.
Newmar Man
I get that.....so why even go if you're leaving before the show even gets going. We find it takes two, three, even four visits to the show to take it all in.

We typically come in on Tuesday and stay leave Saturday. The crowds are down and you can move around the show more easily.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I get that.....so why even go if you're leaving before the show even gets going. We find it takes two, three, even four visits to the show to take it all in.

We typically come in on Tuesday and stay leave Saturday. The crowds are down and you can move around the show more easily.
Some people simply go for the event and then stay to attend the RV show. I have never been to a Quartzsite event but others I have been to had activities going on during the daytime. These activities would conflict with the show times and you'd have to decide which you wanted to do. By staying over you can do both.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #7

We are new to the Newmar family and looking forward to meeting many other Newmar owners at Quartzite. I have been lurking on this site for awhile now and have found the topics very informative and useful and have some time now to be a more active contributor. We ordered our DS in October of 2020 and took delivery in April of this year and proceeded on a five month long trip and put almost 12,000 miles on the coach already! I do most of my own service and pretty proficient mechanically but not so much on electrical though I can use a continuity tester and multi meter.

Cheers
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
Some people simply go for the event and then stay to attend the RV show. I have never been to a Quartzsite event but others I have been to had activities going on during the daytime. These activities would conflict with the show times and you'd have to decide which you wanted to do. By staying over you can do both.
Over the past three years, I've driven to where the Newmar people park and they're ALL gone with the exception of 2-3 people by the first of the week.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #9

Wink Newmar gathering "Quartzsite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
The Newmar Kountry Klub Gathering in Quartzsite is Jan 18 thru 22. Newmar Man
Ok Now I know the "When"...
My question is Exactly "Where" in Quartzsite??
Old 12-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigitteM View Post
Ok Now I know the "When"...
My question is Exactly "Where" in Quartzsite??
Arizona
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin along View Post
Arizona
Sorry didn't read the question right!!
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:24 PM   #12

It is just across the boarder from California on I -10 at mile marker 17. This has been for the last 30 plus years the largest gathering of RV's in the world. There are thousands of RV's from both the US and Canada. There is a large tent event which has hundreds of venders from both the RV side and general products. We have been going since 1988 and would say it is a event that is like no other in the RV world. You haven't really experienced all that RVing is until you do Quartzsite. Newmar will have close to 150 coaches doing dry camping there starting around Jan. 18th. Come and join us with your Newmar. Go to Newmar Kountry Klub web site to get more information.
Newmar Man
Old 12-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #13

The vendors give presentations

The Newmar Gathering in the Desert is held before the Big Tent Opening because the organizers of the Gathering get some of the vendors to speak to the gathering group. The vendors are busy during the Big Tent Show manning their booths, or running about doing their services and so don't want to be giving presentations then. The Gathering is in the Roadrunner BLM 14 day area. You don't need to be a member of the Kountry Klub - but if you let the organizers know they can send you more information, and be sure there is enough chicken dinners for everyone(if that's happening this year). The organizers are stepping down this year - so this may be the last unless someone else takes over.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:33 AM   #14

Newmar Kountry Klub Konnection

For your information here is a link:

https://newmarkountryklub.com/location/quartzsite-az/

Tags
quartzsite