Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2017, 08:06 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Question for Newmar experts

I was looking thru the 2017 London Aire brochure offers an option called “ Patio hammock package” . Whaszat? Any pics. Sounds cool.

I was also intrigued by “hot water line to generator area”. Any issues with cold weather camping and freeze ups?. Sounds great for bugs.

I’m confused by the dash radio options. The brochure says something about XCite dash radio w Rand McNally. I hated mine in my Entegra and junked it. Any other radio options if I just want a dash Nav radio w SiriusXM.

Thanks....maybe joining Newmar ranks someday
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2017, 08:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I was looking thru the 2017 London Aire brochure offers an option called “ Patio hammock package” . Whaszat? Any pics. Sounds cool.

I was also intrigued by “hot water line to generator area”. Any issues with cold weather camping and freeze ups?. Sounds great for bugs.

I’m confused by the dash radio options. The brochure says something about XCite dash radio w Rand McNally. I hated mine in my Entegra and junked it. Any other radio options if I just want a dash Nav radio w SiriusXM.

Thanks....maybe joining Newmar ranks someday
The hammock is literally a hammock you lay in. It looks like one end is anchored to the coach and the other end has a tubular steel frame that you put in place.

I was wondering the exact same things about the hot water line as I'm close to purchasing a Ventana.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The valve in the generator bay is one of those long shanked valves...so the portion outside stays drained...and won't freeze. Handy for washing bugs off windshield.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #4

The hammock is a $650.00 option. The coach I bought had this on it and we have used it once to see what it was like. Don't know if I would buy it since it takes up so much room. The hot water line has a cut off valve to prevent it from freezing in cold weather. I like it. Don't know about radio but I would consider a stand alone GPS that's not mounted in the dash. Bill
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
X2

The hammock is an actual hammock, very nice. Newmar adds an anchor bracket on the side of the coach and the package includes a pipe style support for the other end. You can get two if you want. A buddy of mine has it on his VTDP.

The hot water line is just a faucet that they add to the front cap area on the drivers side. It comes off the hot side of your Oasis or hot water heater. Gives you easy access to hot water for washing the bugs off the windshield.

Very Handy!
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
X2

The hammock is an actual hammock, very nice. Newmar adds an anchor bracket on the side of the coach and the package includes a pipe style support for the other end. You can get two if you want. A buddy of mine has it on his VTDP.

The hot water line is just a faucet that they add to the front cap area on the drivers side. It comes off the hot side of your Oasis or hot water heater. Gives you easy access to hot water for washing the bugs off the windshield.

Very Handy!
Would the hot water also be OK to use to help clean ice/icy snow off a slide topper? Or, would there be concern about any thermal shock from hitting a cold slide/window (only water run off to the window) with hot water?

Was just at a dealer looking at a Ventana and he couldn't get a slide in due to the ice on the topper, so this issue is fresh in my mind.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #7

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mock&FORM=IGRE

Here ya go!

We are in our first winter in our Newmar in cold weather.

I am in TN right now at 17*. I am amazed at how well insulated this is.

No problems so far. We have to fill the fresh water/dump when it is above freezing but that is how it goes. We don't have a heated fresh water hose though I can see the advantage now....

We are leaving here early January, going to FL in Gaffney, then Nappanee for a month (Jan-Feb).

Fingers crossed there won't be any issues getting the slides in or jacks up.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #8
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Just me, of course, but I can only think of about two million things I'd rather have than a hammock. At my age, just watching me getting in and out would be worth the price of admission!

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Would the hot water also be OK to use to help clean ice/icy snow off a slide topper? Or, would there be concern about any thermal shock from hitting a cold slide/window (only water run off to the window) with hot water?

Was just at a dealer looking at a Ventana and he couldn't get a slide in due to the ice on the topper, so this issue is fresh in my mind.
You could use the water outlet in the wet bay, attach a hose to it and mix the hot and cold to get an acceptable, above-freezing, mixture to de-ice or remove snow, etc. No need to go to the hot-only spigot under the hood.

I ordered the under hood option, with the intent of keeping the windshield nice and clean.
Logan Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #10

I have a 2017 LADP and got both.

I love the Hammock - watch TV while using it. Wife loves it too.

Water up front is worth it too. Handy if you need to wash windshield. I don't use it that much since I have a pressure washer plumbed in. Same as the KADP. It is an option that people look for when buying used.

Get cheapest radio and then throw it in the trash. Put something good in like the Pioneer 8201nex.

Hope that helps. I would get both if you have the budget.

G
Old 12-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As to the forward Hot Water Line it is very useful and to the extent I keep a coiled hose with quick connects attached to it for ease of washing off the front of the coach when needed.

In terms of cold weather/freezing potential, there are actually 2-two separate winterizing valves installed on the forward hot water line (a clear/white hose inside of split loom conduit) other than the actual brass water valve. One is located approx. 12-18 inches back from the brass water valve (closest to the gen. slide firewall) while a second one is located midship in the basement half way from the wet bay to the front of the coach (it can be found by looking up inside the 3rd Driver's side cargo bay).

At least that's the way our's is (Essex) and I'd suspect it to be the same on the MA/LA and KA's.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
The hot water up front is a must.

I got two hammocks with my coach. I had a 3rd bracket installed by Newmar last month so I have one left and right of the external TV. For some reason they put one of the two default brackets on the bedroom slide so be sure to tell them where you want it.

I haven’t used the hammocks yet. They are a bit of a pain to setup and I typically move every 2-3 days as I move the drive and exploring too.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Life really is tough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3725EBD2-D58D-4400-A1AB-14493C8E5F70.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	187089  
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
Life really is tough.
Do you have to call some one to open the TV door, or is it remote controlled?

Tags
newmar