Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2018, 09:16 AM   #1

Question on 1999 Mountain Aire

We renovated a 1975 Travco and very much enjoyed the process. We now are renewing a 1999 Mountain Aire Diesel Pusher. There are 4 switches by the left hand side of the bed. 1 is for the floor lights. Ive read another is for outside security motion sensor lights however this unit does not have.
Any comments are welcomed. Many thanks..Ramdaddy
Ramdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
On my 2000 MA , the two top switch's are for the ceiling speaker's, left and right.
One bottom is for the floor light's and the other one is for the reading light over top the head board of the bed.......hope this helps.....
Old 09-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #3

Is there another switch to turn on the floor lights in the coach? I'm still trying to figure out one switch above sink that doesn't do anything.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
There is also a floor light switch on my dash ......
the second switch by the sink are for lighting in the overhead cabinets, mine have glass in the doors.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #5

Palehorse..thanks for the information. Now I need to figure out why my speakers dont turn off and on. The former owner put 10 disc cd changer, new dash radio +++ and we cant locate the right switches to turn on some of the pieces. While I have you..
The unit we have is one slide.
Under the slide 2 threaded rods.
The rod closes to driver is tight.
The rod closes to rear is loose.
I just noticed this last evening and have yet to review owners manual.
Thoughts and thanks again for permitting me to reach out.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramdaddy View Post
Palehorse..thanks for the information. Now I need to figure out why my speakers dont turn off and on. The former owner put 10 disc cd changer, new dash radio +++ and we cant locate the right switches to turn on some of the pieces. While I have you..
The unit we have is one slide.
Under the slide 2 threaded rods.
The rod closes to driver is tight.
The rod closes to rear is loose.
I just noticed this last evening and have yet to review owners manual.
Thoughts and thanks again for permitting me to reach out.
Forgot to Welcome you to IRV2 WELCOME!!

Make sure the radio is not "Faded" to just the front.
As for the slide, how does it look when it is closed, flush? If so when it is open just loosen the jam nut on the loose rod and snug the nut up to the mounting plate, then tighten the jam nut. Mine was like you mentioned and when closed the slide was flush and looked good outside, so I just snugged the nut down on the loose rod and all has been well for 10 yrs.

Mine is a MA 4060.......sounds like you might have one? I have never seen another 4060 floor model in my travels or on here.
As far a reaching out, that is what this wonderful website is all about! Reach out any time!
Old 09-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #7

Palehorse. We purchased a 1999 with no rust, new roof, new Michelins, new batteries, and new matress { custom} from good people. Its never scene snow and has been maintained with no exception to expenses.
The slide is flush. Not an issue and will tighten the one rod up..thank you.
The radio system and all the extras need my undivided attention of which I have the patience the size of a flea on a elephants butt. But Im trying my best to manage internally and not calling the a RV doctor at every small issue. This forum is awesome and with expertise from the masses of RV'ers will find the right resolutions Im certain.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #8

Ramdaddy have you had a chance to pull the info on the coach from the Newmar archives?
https://www.newmarcorp.com/owner-too...hures-archive/

If you contact Newmar Customer Service and give them your VIN and ask for a build sheet, they'll send what they have.

Also if you go to Newgle it might have the Owners Guide for that coach (plus whatever else they've entered) also. They really didn't keep great records back when our coaches were built. Maybe you got all the documentation with the coach?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
Question on 1999 Mountain Aire

On our 1999 the OEM speakers work as follows. Dash radio controls 2 front speakers and 2 speakers in the bedroom. The Sony 5.1 format stereo in the cabinet feeds 6 speakers as follows; 2 in the kitchen, feeds the signal through the 1 base booster centered under the dash, the 1 center front overhead speaker, and the 2 front overhead speakers. The base booster is powered with 110 and has freq. cutoff and gain controls on the box. The 2 front overhead speakers are shared between the dash radio and cabinet stereo. When the ignition key is on a relay behind the dash links the 2 front speakers the the dash radio. When the key is off the same relay connects the 2 front speakers to the cabinet stereo. Here are the options to turn the speakers on and off.
2 in the bedroom controlled by the 2 switches in the bedroom and/or the fade controls in the dash radio.
2 in the kitchen controlled by the cabinet stereo “speakers a/b or a&b” option. The base box speaker only receives pass through signals from the cabinet stereo and can be turned off by unplugging it’s 110 cord.
The front center channel speaker is controlled only by the cabinet stereo when in surround or 5.1 mode.
If you’r cabinet stereo gets power from an inverter while going down the road (ours does) then you can fake out the 2 front speaker relay by pulling a fuse in the dash ahead of the steering wheel under the cover. We use a Bluetooth input dongle to feed our older cabinet stereo and then play music through our smartphone while going down the road.
Our 10 disk cd changer located above the driver gets power and communication only from the dash radio. On the back of our dash radio there is a switch to control if the dash radio’s display stays on when the ignition key is off.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #10

It's interesting to hear how the MA was wired. My LA had all the electronics missing except the radio/cassette deck (a very nice unit - plus I still have a bunch of cassettes ;-) ) in the bedroom which plays through the speakers above the bed.
Right now the cheapo radio the PO stuffed in the dash plays through the corner speakers up front and the speakers in the kitchen/dinette area.

I have to build all the stuff you've mentioned back into our rig and look for that relay under the dash that controls the path. Thanks for explaining it, I really appreciate it.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #11

Thats an amazing response. Thanks so much. Very grateful.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #12

I need to reach out once again and thanks in advance.
I put the 99 Mountain aire into heated storage.
Where is the switch to disconnect batteries?
There is one silver switch in the back locker passenger side where the inverter is. I turn it and yet going back inside I see all the indicators for batteries, water, grey and black water sill work. I would have thought once I turn the switch would not have any juice going to the indicator board?

Thoughts
Old 11-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #13

Above your door (I'm guessing on your model) you might see something like this Battery Disconnect. I think this is what is referred to as the "Salesman Switch". You press the "Use" side of switch to use the house batteries (and also it must be in this position to charge your batteries) and "Store" to disconnect them. If you're going to store the coach make sure you turn off the Inverter - there is a switch on the inverter. Also make sure the propane is off at the tank.
Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3190.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	225790  
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Ramdaddy to the forum.
This link will help you find many answers for you and your coach plus the good members on the forum.
All the stickies top of forum have info for any year coach.
The threaded rods are your stop rods for your slide and only one end will be double nut tight the other end has one nut that's your stop nut that will stop the slide as it travels outward by the increase of current to the motor control, if your slide is stopping its working correctly.
You may see broken brackets or welds which could have been caused by someone readjusting the rod nuts and this low torque motor will snap welds very easily. You do a Newmar search engine you will find threads with pictures I have posted many years ago with slide adjustments good or bad. The link will explain how to use other links to find tons of info about your coach and members here and I will help also.
Enjoy the forum and many safe travels when you do.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1999, air