Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2021, 02:21 PM   #1

Questions about upgrading to KONI shocks on Spartan K3

Headed to Spartan next month and scheduled to have the front shocks upgraded to Koni’s. I have the 46mm standard Bilsteins on there now. I would like to upgrade to the 60mm Konis. Has anyone done this and had any problems (going from 46 to

Would you also consider doing the rears? Our chassis is almost 4 years old with 22k miles.

Thanks.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 02:47 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Following ...

I have the exact same coach and have also been considering upgrading the front (and if I like them - the rear) to the Koni 60mm. I talked to Spartan about it last week. They didn't recommend it, but not for technical reasons. He said they have reached out to Koni about including their shocks on the K3 (and possibly others) but Koni wasn't interested in working with them, thus they are not an authorized OEM for the shocks.

I don't have the front porpising that others have had (I think primarily K2) but the bridge joints can be very harsh at times.
flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:16 PM   #3

2 years ago we put 60mm Bilsteins which were standard on KA in 18 which is what our LA is which had 44mm Bilsteins. What a difference and I see now since at least 2020 that is what Spartan is using on the K-3 chassis. We were sometimes bottoming out on big dips on the highway. Also added Motion Control Valves at the same time which slow the transfer of air in and and out of the air bags which we had done our our previous Essex which came us a better ride on curves and going in and out of driveways.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koni, shocks, spartan