Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2019, 06:43 AM   #57

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Yep. If you disconnect at the sensor the signal is not sent to the toilet controller, which is behind the pegboard.
True, but that is why it is important that when we talk about the units we actually state the year and model number. They change by model year least of all by model type. So a 2015 DSDP 4369 has an older tank read out that is completely within the tank as a float on a fuel tank. The 2018 DSDP 4369 has the KIB system which is all outside of the tank and the strips can be seen deep in the wet bay. The controllers for the Dometic Macerator Toilets for both years are in the same place. The mid bath is down under the peg board and the aft bath is behind the vent.

Just me now, with the amount of problems that they have had with the KIB reading the tanks properly I would no way in hell disconnect any of those units. When it give you trouble down the road they might just say you caused it. The yellow wire cut with a switch is an "only you knows you did it". No one will go back there looking for that while servicing the KIB problems.

Also one more thing that I have not been able to verify. I was told by two different folks at Newmar that the float that turns the yellow / red light on was still being used on some units. I have not taken my peg board down to check this out as that tool board is full of stuff so unless it becomes really a necessity I may never know for sure.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #58
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
VP, yes. If I’d didn’t make it clear enough, the wiring is a change in 2019 according to Newmar. Also, disconnecting this wire IN AN EMERGENCY to flush your toilet IF YOU VERIFY YOUR TANK IS NOT FULL is a Newmar sanctioned procedure.

The new location makes this easier and eliminates having to cut a wire. That’s a good thing. If you can not use this info, or just plain don’t believe me, move on: nothing to see here.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:09 PM   #59

Swap it out for a foot flush.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post

On a 4369 both 2015 and 2018 the aft bath toilet control box is inside of the louvered vent on the back bulkhead. Pull the vent out, it is held in by clips, and put a SPST switch in the yellow wire line. Now when the red light comes on in the middle of the night or a rain storm all you have to do is throw the switch to open the circuit and the back toilet will flush at lease several times before the tank is truly full. The half bath control box is under the peg board and the same thing can be done for it but I really don't see the need. If one toilet works for a couple of hours why go through all of the bother.
Clarify please-

One toggle is required for each toilet?

I installed a toggle at the controller box but it only works for the half bath. The yellow wire splits in two so I assumed one wire per toilet so cutting before the split would work for both toilets but apparently not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2473.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	246622  
Attached Images

RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:02 AM   #61

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Clarify please-

One toggle is required for each toilet? Yes there are different controllers for each toilet.

I installed a toggle at the controller box but it only works for the half bath. The yellow wire splits in two so I assumed one wire per toilet so cutting before the split would work for both toilets but apparently not.
What you are seeing isn't a split it is the junction of the yellow wire between the control unit and the switch.

But you need that toggle someplace that you can get to and under that peg board isn't it. I guess you could mount it on the peg board and then all you would have to do is go out and turn it on when the red light comes on at 2:00 AM. But if I mounted it out there I would get a toggle with a cover so that it doesn't get turned on by accident.

The one in the back bath is the easiest to get to at 2 am in the rain.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:59 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh37 View Post
My coach has two Dometic 8700 Series Master Flush toilets (Electric Flush). Hadn't noticed the DSS Status Panel RED light ON until after I emptied the black tank. Never had seen the light on and always empty well before full. I've thoroughly backwashed the tank and the light remains ON...AND as long as the light is RED there is NO flushing. Nothing in the manual or online is offerring any help. HOPEFULLY, someone can help me with a quick fix to this DILEMMA. Many thanks!! Larry

Find the KIB circuit board under your coach. Mine is in the fourth compartment back on the driver side. Look for two wires, maybe an orange and an orange/yellow. They will go to terminals marked ‘toilet 75% and toilet 100%’. Pull these two connectors off and the toilet will work. If you faithful about dumping you don’t need to re-connect these. If you leave them off a while, it may reset.
GJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:24 AM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohns View Post
Find the KIB circuit board under your coach. Mine is in the fourth compartment back on the driver side. Look for two wires, maybe an orange and an orange/yellow. They will go to terminals marked ‘toilet 75% and toilet 100%’. Pull these two connectors off and the toilet will work. If you faithful about dumping you don’t need to re-connect these. If you leave them off a while, it may reset.
Although this may work it is probably not a good thing to do. Does everyone understand what happens on the black tank if you over fill it? The liquid is forced up the exhaust vent and then onto the roof of your coach. Yes the switch can allow you to do the same thing but at least someone in your party, family has to see the red light and think before they flush.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #64

Black water tank indicators

It seems to me that you would see a back up in the bowl before it reached the roof. Crap running down the sides of your coach would be the second indication.
GJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:09 AM   #65

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohns View Post
It seems to me that you would see a back up in the bowl before it reached the roof. Crap running down the sides of your coach would be the second indication.
Ask around. People hook up their black tank flush line and then get to talking or go after a beer only to find the water, brown in color, coming down the side of the coach. It will come out the roof vent.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #66
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamgva View Post
My 19 Dutch Star actually showed the black tank as full when it was thoroughly flushed and empty. Called the service guys an Newmar and they emailed me me a step-by-step way to reset the measure bars to empty when the tank is empty. It worked. Not sure how it got out of kilter in the first place though. Has been working just fine since then.
I can call but, if you can attach instructions to this forum sure would help.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2019, 04:28 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
Ask around. People hook up their black tank flush line and then get to talking or go after a beer only to find the water, brown in color, coming down the side of the coach. It will come out the roof vent.

Been there done that.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:01 AM   #68
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star David View Post

Thanks
Mine has seemed to resolve itself. Maybe bouncing down I-44? I think maybe by flushing I've forced some debris to the top of the tank causing red light to come on. With macerator toilets and macerator sewage pump, perhaps flushing every time not necessary??
Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #69
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks
Per Newmar: Open rear escape door, find yellow wire at back of toilet and cut it. Now can use that toilet even if tank monitor show 100%
Old 07-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #70

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Per Newmar: Open rear escape door, find yellow wire at back of toilet and cut it. Now can use that toilet even if tank monitor show 100%
This is true. But on the 4369 you can put a switch on that yellow wire in the which can be found behind the wall vent on the back wall next to the toilet. Keep in mind that this will allow over flow onto the roof if the tank is truly full.

Tags
dometic, light, tank, toilet