Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 10:30 AM   #1

Radiant Heating issue

On our last weekend trip to Crooked River State Park in Georgia our floor heating (Radiant Heating) did not work in all 3 sections (living room, bedroom and bathroom)

Was wondering if there is a quick fix or solution?

We own a 2018 3736 Dutch Star.
BigDawg2544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #2

If you have a half bath the 120v house electrical panel should be in a wall cabinet inside this bath. Check the breaker. Also inside that same cabinet there should be two GFI outlets. The quick fix might be the GFI tripped. Reset the GFI if tripped or trip and rest if not tripped.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
SLS

Newmar Owners Club
I have the three zones of radiant heat and the salon and kitchen work like always. The rear bath/bedroom 4326 needs to be on HIGH to heat like it use to on LOW.
Any help out there?

SLS
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
I have the three zones of radiant heat and the salon and kitchen work like always. The rear bath/bedroom 4326 needs to be on HIGH to heat like it use to on LOW.
Any help out there?

SLS
I have the same problem in the rear bath. Floor heat doesn't get very warm.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Remember that there is a basement under the front and central sections and that area is warmer than the ambient temperature. The rear bath doesn't have that situation. Try shooting the floors with an IR gun and see what the temperature is where the pad is located.

Tom
Old 12-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #6
SLS

Newmar Owners Club
Three Stage Relay

I found my problem.

Relay Module 15 AMP, 1/2 HP Vertical Screw Terminal Block
P/N: 00-10026-200

I tried to upload a picture but failed....

This relay is in the 4"x 4" metal box. This one is under my rear bath sink. They make a "Click" when turned "ON" and that's how I found mine. I am going to locate the other two before the relay quits on them. I ordered two new relays thinking that one of the other two may fail......

The reason a relay may fail in one of the positions "Low,Med or High" is because it is a switch that activates a timer that (for Example) ON for 5 seconds - OFF for 15 seconds........ or ON for 10 seconds - OFF for 15 seconds.
My low switch/relay burnt out but Med & High still worked......

Hope this helps

SLS
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heating