Hi Newmar Rv’ers. To add my 2 cents worth in the discussion regarding extending and retracting slideouts; I copied and pasted the instructions below from Newmar’s Owner’s Manual, pages 125-126.
Before Extending the Slideouts
1. Park the coach on a reasonably level campsite.
2. Leave the coach at ride-height with air in the air bags (if equipped with air
suspension) or on normal suspension (coaches without air suspension).
3. Plug the coach into shore power (if available).
4. For a full wall slideout, visually inspect the front vertical trim for adequate
clearance. The spacing should look even from top to bottom.
5. Verify that the path of the slideout is unobstructed and free from any surrounding
objects, both inside and outside of the coach.
6. Once the appropriate conditions are met, follow the operating instructions posted
in your coach to extend the slideouts.
7. Deploy the leveling jacks.
Before Retracting the Slideouts
1. Retract the leveling jacks.
2. Start the coach.
3. Allow the coach air suspension to fill and return to ride height (units without air suspension will return to normal suspension).
4. Turn the engine off.
5. Verify that the path of the slideout is unobstructed and free from any surrounding objects, both inside and outside of the coach. This includes any water or debris that may have collected on the topper awning.
6. Retract the slideouts.
7. Inspect all slideouts for complete retraction.
8. Unplug the coach from shore power when you are ready to depart.
Simply said: Arrival: Slideouts out, levelers down. Leaving: Levelers up, Slideouts in.