Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2021, 10:42 PM   #15

Easy to use and solid protection we us McKee’s 37 Nano-ceramic paint sealant and washes. So easy to apply and they have videos showing how to apply. Takes day and a half for two of us to apply. Wow, at least watch their videos and you will be so happy with the results of up to 3 years lasting! Amazon of the McKees site.
Doc Burry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2021, 06:26 AM   #16

Buffer and Products

I have the expensive Griot's Garage orbital buffer. They have all different sponge pads depending on your particular task on your paint finish. You cannot "burn" your paint with this buffer. Expensive, but the last you will probably buy. Check out their web site. The products they have are top shelf to me.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
If there was a time lapse camera in my wax/polish cabinet, you would see that over 40 years, I've tried all kinds of stuff. The simplest to apply and longest lasting has been NuFinish.

However, I recently tried the 303 Graphene, as mentioned above, on my truck. So far the Graphene has outlasted anything I've ever used. I found the Graphene to be a little difficult to apply and remove, but that may have been my fault. I will be applying it to the coach next.
I tried the 303 Graphene and it was a horrible experience. The stuff is almost impossible to get off and really does not add much of a shine. Look at all the YouTube videos. That all use black vehicles. That’s because the black streaks the 303 leave’s is terrible. I finally had to compound it all over again to remove it. Absolutely no help from their tech support. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I think I didn't let it sit long enough as it was tough to get off. Will try letting it sit longer.

One caveat for others....most wax will remove water stains and some dirt, but the Graphene seals any water stains under the finish. Make sure everything is clean and dry.
I let

The Nano spray set for one, two, five and twenty four hours and it never hazed over. It’s the worst product I have ever used and I have been using 303 products for decades. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:35 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post
I packed a dual action polisher/buffer with me full timing because I like to keep my rig in good shape. The truth is, I haven't used it once in a year and a half on the road. I used to use it twice a year in my driveway but to be honest, I've found it faster and easier to do it by hand with an easy on and easy off product. I've been relying on spray and wipe products like Meguiars. I've even had good luck with their Hybrid Ceramic Wax - the spray on and rinse off stuff. For the front of the rig I use Rejex because it seems to hold up better with all the bug guts.

I enjoy shining the rig, and I've found the easier it is, the more likely I'll do it. Like so many others I've tried all kinds of polishes and waxes and I've found the #1 thing about all of them, is to just do it. Unless you are really motivated, the harder it is to do, the less likely you'll do it. Find something you like and use it.

I’m in the midst of waxing our 21 ventana for the first time. I too like meguiars products. I like their nxt product on my other vehicles but I ran out and couldn’t find it. They may not make it anymore. I ordered their marine wax. It’s easy to rub off but harder than the nxt to put on. I use a microfiber foam pad and it has more drag to it than the nxt when putting it on. The shine seems good but I haven’t had it in the sun yet. Hopefully it long lasting.
Old 12-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #20

Autogeeks did a review of 303 Graphene Nano Spray and liked it:

https://www.autogeek.net/303-graphen...and-guide.html

I've been washing my cars with the new ceramic car washes (Turtle Wax, Mothers)
and really like the beading properties of it.
Just bought some 303 Graphene spray to try.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:34 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
I use the porter cable buffer with a selection of McGuires buffing paste to get the shine back on. Takes me 40 hours to do my 40ft motorhome 2004 mountain aire. Then put a coat of nu-wax on it. Once a year.
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:29 PM   #22

Wash Wax All

We've been using the Wax Wash All products on our Ventana since we bought it new in 2016. From their web site (https://washwax.com) - "Wash Wax ALL is a biodegradable waterless wash and wax in one. Clean & protect your entire vehicle without water. Developed over 30 years ago for Aircraft also works great on your RV, Car, Boat, and Motorcycle. Removes dirt without scratching. Simply spray on and wipe dry, leaves an anti-static, non-stick UV protective coating on all surfaces such as paint, glass, plastic, leather, vinyl, rubber, wood, gel coat, aluminum, granite, and other hard surfaces."

If really dirty, like after driving in the rain, we wash off the lower areas (basement doors) and rear cap with car wash and a Mary Moppins lambs wool mit before using the Wash Wax All products.

The paint is still shiny and very smooth after 5+ years of fulltiming.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint