Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2020, 10:56 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Remote Thermostat/Thermistor

Just put my my heat to 60 degrees. Going through the zones all were normal except bathroom it had a reading of 1910F. Checked wiring on remote thermostat and all looked good. Went online and searched for a remote thermostat for a Dometic Penguin. Only thing I came up with was a similar sensor for the Duo-Therm model. Has anyone else had any luck ordering a replacement?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6473.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	308786
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2020, 11:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
The bath zone has heat only as i'm sure you know, but not sure where that thermistor is. There's one just outside the bathroom near the refrigerator area which would be my guess, and there's one on the bathroom wall area of the bedroom. It also could be up in a return vent, but Newmar would be your best bet on that.

I know this hasn't been much help, but let us know where you find it!
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:30 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Just put my my heat to 60 degrees. Going through the zones all were normal except bathroom it had a reading of 1910F. Checked wiring on remote thermostat and all looked good. Went online and searched for a remote thermostat for a Dometic Penguin. Only thing I came up with was a similar sensor for the Duo-Therm model. Has anyone else had any luck ordering a replacement?Attachment 308786
I have bought a couple from Newmar for about $35 each, however it did not fix my issue. Waiting to get into shop to check out control board on the AC. Newmar claims that it is generally the the connection on the control board or the board itself. but I don't do roofs any more. Newmar recommended to first remove the little cap and pull the sensor out of the wall and let it dangle for a day or so as that may reset it. If not you can pull the sensor out and splice the new one, length is not an issue. Newaire1 has posted his issue was a bad splice in the basement, I found the spice on mine and it was OK.

You may be way past this but the sensor gets the temp and ties to the AC control board and the silver leaf get it number on the panel from the Control Board. That is my understanding. Please post what you find.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Where is the control board located, in the rear AC unit? What is strange rear AC works fine in HP mode. While in furnace mode bathroom fans will not come on due to false high temperature.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I too had erroneous temperature readings on my kitchen zone a/c and it turned out to be a control board in that rooftop unit. We changed that and it worked fine, however as stated above, the "bath" zone setting is heat only and does not set any of the a/c rooftop units. The kitchen unit DOES drop cold air in the half bath through a vent, but it does not have a dedicated "a/c" unit, therefore I don't know where the control board would be for that bath zone.
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Where is the control board located, in the rear AC unit? What is strange rear AC works fine in HP mode. While in furnace mode bathroom fans will not come on due to false high temperature.

I am sure the front and rear Oasis temps on my coach are from the temp sensors but I would have to look at the silver leaf to see if it piggy backs one from one of those of if it has one of its own some where. Sorry I can't tell you for sure but the fact HP works strange. When looking at silver panel what are the temp for heat mode showing for front rear and Bath maybe that would help to determine
Old 11-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What model coach do you have? Your signature says 2017 Newmar LA 4519 but your profile says 2018 4531 (Mountain Aire?) ?

I have a 2018 Mountain Aire 4531 and had some issues with my thermistor in the rear bathroom. Basically it was off by a few degrees and I added a resistor at the TM250 connection. The thermistors is not connected to the rooftop heat pumps as this temperature is only used by Silverleaf to control Oasis heat. The bathroom thermistors plugs into the “temp input 2” of the TM250. I would verify that the cable is not loose and then check ohms on the wire to see if you have a bad thermistors and/or bad wire between the thermistor and the TM250. Maybe rebooting the TM250 too.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:22 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
What model coach do you have? Your signature says 2017 Newmar LA 4519 but your profile says 2018 4531 (Mountain Aire?) ?

I have a 2018 Mountain Aire 4531 and had some issues with my thermistor in the rear bathroom. Basically it was off by a few degrees and I added a resistor at the TM250 connection. The thermistors is not connected to the rooftop heat pumps as this temperature is only used by Silverleaf to control Oasis heat. The bathroom thermistors plugs into the “temp input 2” of the TM250. I would verify that the cable is not loose and then check ohms on the wire to see if you have a bad thermistors and/or bad wire between the thermistor and the TM250. Maybe rebooting the TM250 too.
Was on Tapatalk earlier. We have a 2017 London Aire 4519. Will look at profile when I find it too correct.
Where is TM250 located please? I contacted Newmar and ITR and both gave no forward information. My overnighted remote thermostat/thermister replacement did not work still showing 1911F and when I unplug remote thermostat goes to -459.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:03 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Was on Tapatalk earlier. We have a 2017 London Aire 4519. Will look at profile when I find it too correct.

Where is TM250 located please? I contacted Newmar and ITR and both gave no forward information. My overnighted remote thermostat/thermister replacement did not work still showing 1911F and when I unplug remote thermostat goes to -459.

Silverleaf folks (Art) are the experts in this area. You would think it would be Newmar, but nope.

The TM250 is located in the bay forward of the pegboard bay. If I recall correctly the device is installed on the aft wall up high There are several devices in the compartment including tile heat controller, and slide controllers. It’s a black box and is labeled as a TM250. At 25 degrees Celsius (77 Fahrenheit) then resistance across the two wires from the thermistor should be around 10K ohms.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:31 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
Silverleaf folks (Art) are the experts in this area. You would think it would be Newmar, but nope.

The TM250 is located in the bay forward of the pegboard bay. If I recall correctly the device is installed on the aft wall up high There are several devices in the compartment including tile heat controller, and slide controllers. It’s a black box and is labeled as a TM250. At 25 degrees Celsius (77 Fahrenheit) then resistance across the two wires from the thermistor should be around 10K ohms.

Thanks for the info!
Did not think to call Silverleaf, had spoken to both ITR and Newmar and Newmar did not mention TM250!

Tags
remote, thermostat