Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Removal of window valance

Let me first apologize for lack of creating a good search term, but I have been trying for the last 1/2 hour to find information about removing the window Valance on the Canyon Star. I tried typing in -- Remove window valance -- and got some 51 pages of threads returned, first 50 talked about doing things like Dash boards, Tire Pressure Monitoring .... you get it.

So would someone who is better at coming up with search terms please provide me with an education into forum searching.

Better yet, has anyone removed the valance so adjustment of the manual MCD is easier. Seems like side panels are easy enough except when they are attached to the valance via an unreachable screw. The other alternative is removing the manual MCD shade, however, I am 'assuming' that one needs to take the valance off in order to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #2

Assuming Newmar uses the same method in your new coach, these Valances are held in place with screws. If you look up under the valance you should see a couple of angle brackets wth screws up into the underside of the cabinets.
At least that's how mine are. Yes, it is much easier to adjust the MCD blinds with the valance removed. A call to MCD while you have it exposed might be a good plan also. The first time around I thought I had them fixed. Not. After a call to MCD, all is well with the blinds.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
In my unit, the MCD shades are mounted into two metal clips. Toward the inside of the coach, behind the valence, look for two silver tabs on the end of the clip. Carefully use a slender tool such as a flat blade screw driver, and push upward on the end of the clip. This should release the shade on that side. Repeat on the other side. Rotate the released shade down to completely remove.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #4

Just for future reference, there is an IRV2 search site that seems to do a great job. You can search for Newmar specific threads and I have found the return search info to be very helpful. I just did a search " remove window valance Canyon Star" and this was one of two responses. I have the search site bookmarked:
http://rurocking.com/Search_iRV2.html
Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have never found the "search" feature for this forum to be very useful. You ask for a search and it comes up "show threads" or "show post." Even when trying to be specific about the question, it will return literally pages of threads or post and most do not have anything to do with the search I've asked for. It's probably just me, but this search feature has been somewhat of a mystery to me on this forum. Lots of great info... Just can't find it...
Old 03-21-2017, 04:09 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Lambrequin = window topper in a RV lingo

Some RV makers and remodelers call these window toppers "lambrequins" (pronounced 'lam-bra-kins').
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Lizards View Post
Just for future reference, there is an IRV2 search site that seems to do a great job. You can search for Newmar specific threads and I have found the return search info to be very helpful. I just did a search " remove window valance Canyon Star" and this was one of two responses. I have the search site bookmarked:
iRV2 Forums Search
Thank you all for the response, amazing the helpfulness of the members of this forum. I checked out the search site mentioned above and it appears to do a lot better job then the forum search tool. Not sure who rurocking is, but they have a good search engine.

Once again thanks to everyone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal, window