RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #1

Replacement wiper blades ?

We have been relatively happy with the OEM wiper blades on our 17 DS 4369 (36”). But with plans for a long summer trip I want to get new ones and possibly spares. What are the recommendations by the forum. We do keep RainX on the windshield at all times.

Thanks in advance.

Bchtravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
We have successfully used...and, carry a spare set of...36" Trico 67-361 wiper blades. They have the wide saddle mount used in the current Newmar DPs.

TJ

Old 04-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #3

At the recommendation of Sean Miller at Wiper Technologies I ordered a new product which is a beam type contour wiper blade BA900C. He recommended this blade as it is much lighter reducing drag, it contours to the curve of the windshield and reduces “wind lift” improving the wipe. They are around $50.00 a pair pIus $25.00 shipping. Just received them but haven’t installed them yet. I will report back once I try them.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:19 AM   #4

I changed mine out to 32" units as I didn't think the added length was necessary. Looks a little less like a pelican trying to take off when they're on.
Proverbs 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan1 View Post
At the recommendation of Sean Miller at Wiper Technologies I ordered a new product which is a beam type contour wiper blade BA900C. He recommended this blade as it is much lighter reducing drag, it contours to the curve of the windshield and reduces “wind lift” improving the wipe. They are around $50.00 a pair pIus $25.00 shipping. Just received them but haven’t installed them yet. I will report back once I try them.
You note that the "BA900C" is a new product. I've looked all through the Wiper Technology web pages and don't see any reference to it. Neither does a Google search find it. Are you sure that is the correct part number? I would be interested in taking a look at the specs/details.

TJ
Old 04-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
All - as a rule, we normally do not drive in rain. I keep covers on the WS wipers when parked longer than one day. I got my refiles at Costco, think they are goodyear or something, they work just fine. They are sized in inches, measure what you have or check manual for refil number. Any good brand will work, but 50 + 25 shipping sounds like highway robbery to me. Amazon also can ship you blades. You dont need a ton of money to pay out for new ones.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
You note that the "BA900C" is a new product. I've looked all through the Wiper Technology web pages and don't see any reference to it. Neither does a Google search find it. Are you sure that is the correct part number? I would be interested in taking a look at the specs/details.

TJ

TJ. BA900C is the part number Sean Miller from Wiper Technology gave me in a email. He said it was a new product that he wanted me to try. However when I looked at the package (photo below) the part number is WT900C. Sorry for the confusion. Sean’s number is 336-373-8331. I ordered directly from him. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2492.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	389.0 KB
ID:	241763

Old 04-13-2019, 11:56 AM   #8

Interesting thoughts on blades. I use rain-x on my windshield so there are many times I don't have to run my wipers that much. The OEM have been great blades but they could certainly stand to be slightly shorter.

I don't think you will get much more than 2 years out of a set of blades anymore anyway. Not sure I would want to pay $50 to $75 for replacements unless they were some type of superman material that would last 4 or 5 years.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
Interesting thoughts on blades. I use rain-x on my windshield so there are many times I don't have to run my wipers that much. The OEM have been great blades but they could certainly stand to be slightly shorter.

I don't think you will get much more than 2 years out of a set of blades anymore anyway. Not sure I would want to pay $50 to $75 for replacements unless they were some type of superman material that would last 4 or 5 years.

Be interested to know what you use and cost. Don’t like paying that much either. These coaches have the wide saddle mounts and there doesn’t seem to be many cheaper options.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:52 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
The windshield wiper blade on my ‘19 MA is also 36” and has “WT” stamped on it. So I called Wiper Technologies on Friday and was recommended the WT-900V. The person I spoke to was in the Shipping Dept.

Here’s my results from the Internet:

Amazon: $37 each - ships free
RV Auto Parts: $61 pair with shipping
RV Parts Centers $66.28 a pair with shipping
Newmar: $65.42 each, free shipping

The unfortunate aspect of the Wide Saddle blades is their cost. On my ‘13 Essex it used the narrow saddle so I could purchase then at Walmart, although only 28”. But that was fine.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:16 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Another question re the Trico 67-361. All the photos of this blade show the attachment point being quite narrow. So I assume the package has multiple adapters for different applications. Is that correct?

The Wiper Technologies WT-900V saddle is the correct width for the Wide Saddle arm on my MA. The wiper frame is all metal also. Seems this would be the stronger attachment point. These also seem to price less than the Trico.

Inquiring minds want to know???
Old 04-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan1 View Post
Be interested to know what you use and cost. Don’t like paying that much either. These coaches have the wide saddle mounts and there doesn’t seem to be many cheaper options.
Still have the original OEM blades on my coach, however as I close in on my 2 year mark I will be replacing them. I was hoping I could find a good replacement for under $40.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:41 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post
The windshield wiper blade on my ‘19 MA is also 36” and has “WT” stamped on it. So I called Wiper Technologies on Friday and was recommended the WT-900V. The person I spoke to was in the Shipping Dept.

Here’s my results from the Internet:

Amazon: $37 each - ships free
RV Auto Parts: $61 pair with shipping
RV Parts Centers $66.28 a pair with shipping
Newmar: $65.42 each, free shipping

The unfortunate aspect of the Wide Saddle blades is their cost. On my ‘13 Essex it used the narrow saddle so I could purchase then at Walmart, although only 28”. But that was fine.
Dan, The WT 900V is available from thr RVUpgrade Store for about $25 each.
I just ordered a set last week, now waiting for them to arrive.
BIG ADDED BONUS... RV Upgrades is a corporate sponsor here on iRV2.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post
Another question re the Trico 67-361. All the photos of this blade show the attachment point being quite narrow. So I assume the package has multiple adapters for different applications. Is that correct?

The Wiper Technologies WT-900V saddle is the correct width for the Wide Saddle arm on my MA. The wiper frame is all metal also. Seems this would be the stronger attachment point. These also seem to price less than the Trico.

Inquiring minds want to know???
Dan:

The Trico 67-361 includes a U-shaped plastic sleeve that slips OVER the wiper body (which is metal) to widen it out for the OEM wiper arm mount. It also includes a new through-bolt. The Trico has worked well for us in the past.

We haven't yet changed the wiper blades on the new 2018 MADP and I need to figure out how to do it down behind the fascia. There must be a trick to it. I haven't been able to get the wiper arms to stop midway in their arc to make it easy. Anyone with a tip on this, please let me know.

TJ

Tags
ace, replace, replacement