Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #1

Replacing Intellitec Slide Controller with ...?

I just had a third Intellitec slide-out controller go bad. After the second one, I followed their recommendation and ran a dedicated ground wire directly from the three controllers to the battery negative terminal. With the third bad controller, I wonder if it's possible to use a different brand. Would I be able to use the same wiring, just replacing the plugs? Or would I have to completely replace all the wiring? Has anyone replace an Intellitec controller with a different brand?
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There is a new one in the newer coach's that may work for you.
The C Type controllers discussed in this link.

Newmar search engine slide problems.

Older slide controls
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What exactly was the problems with the controller, not working at all? I have a problem with a small slide(bedroom), the controller does not seem to shut down the motor, when the slide reaches the close position. This high torque has broken drive teeth in the gear box in the past. Unable to replace gears so the whole motor/gear was replaced with very high cost. I have adjusted the "Current Trip Adjustment" clockwise to the lowest setting for current draw. Does this mean I have a bad controller? Intellitec recommended to run a ground to negative battery for all three slides, otherwise controllers will not operate correctly. I plan on running the the ground this week. I have also learned there are three controllers types with different Stall Current Threshold, I am using the 971-200 with a 5 to 15 A threshold. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Richard, the pot on the Intellitec controller should be turned to the left, counter clock wise, to decrease the current to motor.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:50 PM   #5

I was having trouble with my slide stopping on the ramp and looked here for answers as I always do....but I do have to point out that my controller clearly indicates turning the pot 'Counter Clockwise' to increase amps.
This may be important for some folks who have the controller the same as mine.

This attached picture is a bit dark but if you enlarge into the dark area you can clearly see the rotation direction on the controller.

Now everything I have read told me to turn it clockwise, including Newmar documents but I can truly state that clockwise adjustments increase force on my controller.

Just Saying
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Controller.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	239705  
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyian View Post
I was having trouble with my slide stopping on the ramp and looked here for answers as I always do....but I do have to point out that my controller clearly indicates turning the pot 'Counter Clockwise' to increase amps.
This may be important for some folks who have the controller the same as mine.

This attached picture is a bit dark but if you enlarge into the dark area you can clearly see the rotation direction on the controller.

Now everything I have read told me to turn it clockwise, including Newmar documents but I can truly state that clockwise adjustments increase force on my controller.

Just Saying
This is an older thread but, there is another point to be made for those of us with older coaches. If you notice in you photo of the potentiometer (pot) the pot is NOT sealed meaning the wiper and coil resistor are exposed to the atmosphere. That makes the pot susceptible to "fretting corrosion" between the pot "wiper" finger and the "resistor". Once a year (or if I'm having issues with the slide) I note the pot position and then take a small screw driver and cycle the pot from one extreme to the other multiple times. This "cleans" the wiper finger and resistor. I then return the pot to its original position... eliminates (actually band aids) a weak point in the controller design.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #7

Good idea, thanks, I will do that now that I have the rotation correct...working fine at the moment. When I was turning clockwise based on what I read things were getting worse. Turned it back to the original position and it’s working fine... guess that cleaned it a bit
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #8

Great idea about moving the potentiometer regularly! Ive got an intelitech controller that doesn't respond to adjustment at all, with ccw or cw rotation. (mine say ccw for increase cw for decrease also)

"dirty pot." could be the whole issue!
sideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #9

Replacing Intellitec Slide Controller with ...?

Wonder if that would correct the issue I am having with my dining slide.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/slid...mp-436965.html
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #10

Likely just need to turn the screw slightly ccw..... turning the screw back and fourth is a great idea to keep it clean though...
Old 04-03-2019, 09:48 PM   #11

Quick update. This didn't help my controller. I still think its a good idea though
Old 04-04-2019, 05:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns View Post
Quick update. This didn't help my controller. I still think its a good idea though

Did you mean moving the pot back and forth or increasing the current adjustment?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Did you mean moving the pot back and forth or increasing the current adjustment?
My bad... I should have clarified. Moving the pot back and forth didn't remedy my controller problem, but I still think its a good idea...especially if your controller is acting up.

Tags
intellitec, slide