Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #1

Rozie Not Updating Status

I spoke with Tim at Silverleaf today regarding My Rozie status showing that while it has communicated 1 minute ago it is showing no data for all fields and requested actions from the web are never changed on the coach. Tim stated that they are having problems with Spectrum, Verizon, T-Mobile (and Sprint) blocking the FTP communication that the coach does to update it's status and to read requests.

Hopefully the developers will be able to figure out a fix for this one without everyone having to update their hardware in the coach.

I'll be calling him tomorrow per our discussion to see what update he received back from the developers.
BPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2021, 10:02 PM   #2

I am getting regular, correct Rozie reports on my Verizon connected 2020 New Aire.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:52 AM   #3

I spent over $500 to add it to my London Aire and it is about the most antiquated, slow piece of equipment ever. It like an old DOS computer from the 80's LOL
sramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My Rozie is erratic in sending updates. Sometimes it goes for days without an update and then out of nowhere this is one message but when I go to the on-line page there are no updates or data for any of the parameters. Today I logged in and there are no updates or data values for any of the parameters yet the page indicates is refreshed less than a minute ago.

My Rozie is attached to my Pepwave with a T-Mobil 5G SIM. The router is on and connected to the internet. Rozie won't show updates or report alerts while on the WiFi Ranger either.
Old 08-24-2021, 07:17 PM   #5

Did some additional testing tonight with the TM-555 unit that communicates information to/from Rosie website. Unit had been on wired connection for over a year now and working fine. Changed config to use WiFi instead of Wired or Ethernet setting and it connected immediately. Ran known good Ethernet wire between TM-555 and router to verify wire had not gone bad, then bypassed router and connected directly to Peplink unit. Still no connection, but did have link light and data lights on jacks at both ends of the cable.

No updates to Rosie website with Ethernet selected on the temp cable, so back to WiFi and working fine. Time for another call to Silverleaf tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #6

Rozie Not Updating Status

Mine works great on WiFi to a Verizon MiFi card with unlimited, unthrotteled access. I get a report very quickly after anything changes, doors unlocked, doorbell rings, power list, generator started etc.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:39 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Mine works great on WiFi to a Verizon MiFi card with unlimited, unthrotteled access. I get a report very quickly after anything changes, doors unlocked, doorbell rings, power list, generator started etc.

Thanks for the information. I will try the Wifi link instead of the Ethernet connection to see if that is part of the problem when I get the coach back from Freightliner.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Thanks for the information. I will try the Wifi link instead of the Ethernet connection to see if that is part of the problem when I get the coach back from Freightliner.

Mine will also work connecting the MiFi with the USB-charge cable.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:59 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Still no populated information on the Myrozie site. I get some but not all email notifications of Alerts. I tried Wifi but saw no difference maybe I need to change some settings on the Silverleaf to use the Wifi?

I changed it back to Ethernet today but still no new feeds of coach info.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Still no populated information on the Myrozie site. I get some but not all email notifications of Alerts. I tried Wifi but saw no difference maybe I need to change some settings on the Silverleaf to use the Wifi?

I changed it back to Ethernet today but still no new feeds of coach info.
If you go to diagnostics option in Roxie options, what does it show for status when on Wi-Fi? And are you sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi?
Old 08-28-2021, 10:48 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPeas View Post
If you go to diagnostics option in Roxie options, what does it show for status when on Wi-Fi? And are you sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi?

Status show Ready but I tried to send a Test and never got it. Still can't see any updated parameters on the website and it show >24hrs since the last update.
Old 08-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ok, here is the weird thing with the Rozie system in my coach.

Rozie says she is connected to the Ethernet to my WiFi Ranger. Ranger is connected via WiFi to my Pepwave which is on T-Mobile cellular 5G. Each of these units show they are connected and are on the Internet.

I got several Rozie messages to my email today when I locked and unlocked the main door. When I access the MyRozie.com website it shows "0" minutes since the last update but when you look at the paramaters they are all "No Data".

So what now?
Old 09-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I switched my cellar WiFi from T-Mobile to Verizon today and Rozie is alive and well. All coach parameters are visible and actively reported as well as alerts. Loojs like T-Mobile is blocking FTP from Rozie.
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote