Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2021, 06:01 PM   #29

hartlenb:
I am in Phoenix this week and would welcome your call.
Shaun Huxford
Chief Operating Officer, NIRVC
574-596-5728
ShaunHuxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2021, 07:42 PM   #30

That, (Post #29) ladies and gentlemen is why NIRVC is the preeminent Dealership in the country! For the COO to respond to a post offering his name and number to discuss an issue shows the depth of commitment to both the present Customer and future Customer, that Brett Davis has instilled in his Company beginning from the top down!
Outstanding Mr. Huxford!!!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:02 PM   #31

Post 29 could have been avoided if they would have handled post 28 promptly the first time.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
Post 29 could have been avoided if they would have handled post 28 promptly the first time.
Very true
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:45 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
Tough crowd.

You are right, of course, but in the ten years or so I’ve been on this board, I don’t recall a single incidence of a dealership’s senior management uncloaking to own a problem and/or address an unhappy customer save one: NIRVC. They give a damn, and if they punt it in the stands they will say so and do everything possible to make it right.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:25 AM   #34

I did not buy from NIRVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24D View Post
Brett and Tammy are the best I have ever dealt with in my 74 years. If only other businesses had the caring and personal response of NIRVC, all of our lives would be better.
The OTHER dealership( NOT NIRVC) has a few BBB complaints as well, though they are not a member.

JUST TO BE VERY SURE THE POINT IS MADE: all dealers aren’t the same, not even close. My experience and seemingly everyone else that has the opportunity to do business with NIRVC has glowing experiences and my personal experience with another “ very large dealership” was not so glowing.
In this market to make it difficult to get service, help with a new coach, and a way to get a deposit back on a stock coach when things become uncomfortable, is unacceptable.
For the GM/Owner to hide behind a frontline of employees is also unacceptable in my view. There is another thing to consider as well, I have experienced a situation with my 24D that the selling dealer gives you much better service than a non-selling dealer. With that in mind, would you rather buy from a dealer that has 5 outlets across the country or one local dealer who probably won’t be close to where you are traveling? From my View experience this is a very real consideration. I heard multiple times, where did you buy it, Oh, we will get you in but it will be months. I believe that should be a very real consideration. We are buying very complicated machines and they will break, usually on the road, service is a very real consideration, in my view. Would you rather have committed ( you bought from them) help in one place or across the country? Then you throw in the communication and commitment of Brett and his team; I can’t imagine buying anywhere else, I would not. I have written this to help my fellow RVers with sharing my experience as it relates to someone else’s thread. In this forum, I know very little about the intricacies of these machines and can offer little help but on this subject I can only hope my experience and resultant thoughts can help someone else.
Thank you for all the help this forum has given me.
It does not matter at NIRVC if you purchased from them or not. I purchased from a private party but receive excellent service from NIRVC. Plus, I often say it is important not to judge if an organization when they make a mistake because we all do, rather how do they handle the mistake when it happens. I can say NIRVC wins on this point also. Brett personally came to me in person to make the situation right.

Since meeting him I have texted him a couple of times and he always responds.

He can rest assured my next purchase will be from NIRVC.
rlc1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:05 PM   #35

NIRVC try’s really hard and that’s important! We purchased our 2019 DS from them and just ordered a 2022 LA from them. They have also done all warranty and maintenance work for us and all has been first class. They are up with the top operations!
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #36

Our experience with NIRVC has not been as exemplary as most people unfortunately.

We ordered our 2021 Dutchstar from Las Vegas and we got a coach that has multiple issues. We are now on our 9th week at the dealer with mixed results as to quality of work performed.

Everyone has been nice but we are attempting to get an appointment at Nappanee to finish the warranty work.

Obviously not everyone has a great experience.
drebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #37

I have a MADP and quickly learned that I had to find a dealer certified for "Luxury" Newmar models.The closest dealers were 5-600 mile from home. I got good service from all 4 of the dealers within the radius including NIRVC in Las Vegas and Lewisville. I had a NIRVC service writer diagnose a problem at the FMCA rally in Perry, GA and a followup appointment in Nashville. NIRVC has a history of my RV and they can look up service where ever I take it. Everybody at NIRVC has gone beyond to find and solve problems.

Bottom line is there are good and bad dealers out there but NIRVC has been consistently good.
augerdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:06 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by drebit View Post
Our experience with NIRVC has not been as exemplary as most people unfortunately.

We ordered our 2021 Dutchstar from Las Vegas and we got a coach that has multiple issues. We are now on our 9th week at the dealer with mixed results as to quality of work performed.

Everyone has been nice but we are attempting to get an appointment at Nappanee to finish the warranty work.

Obviously not everyone has a great experience.
I think you should go to Camping World. It will help you better understand the RV warranty repair world.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #39

Buying an RV? DeMartini RV Grass Valley Sucks

I could not agree more! Bought a nearly new (5K miles) Thor Venetian from these folks and once they had my money that was all folks. Refused to put me on their maintenance schedule unless I provided them with picture and an explanation of the issues; finally (I suspect after reading another post I made on the same subject on another RV site), I got a call from the service manager "confirming" my maintenance slot. To my knowledge prior to that message I was not on his schedule, go figure. Okay I thought, now we are getting somewhere! Nope! They wanted my coach for 30 days to complete about 8 hours of maintenance. I told them at the time of purchase I would be living on the coach but they don't care. My cost of a hotel room for a month far outweighs the costs of the repairs under that scenario.

Based upon my experience I would not do business with these folks ever again. Junk Yard Dog RV.
JYDRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
JYDRV, welcome to the forum. Hope you got the work done.
Bill
Old 05-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #41
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wow! I just don't get it. I read all these stellar comments about NIRVC, but that has NOT been my experience. I've been waffling back and forth between another DS or a LA. After speaking with Angie, who I highly respect, she connected me with a salesman in Nashville. I sent him the DS Build Sheet and after a day of not receiving any acknowledgment, I sent a second email to confirm receipt. I was thrilled he called after the 2nd email and quite frankly, I was all set to go with NIRVC. It would have been so convenient. THEY HAD ME!

I decided to go with the LA 4551 and sent a new build sheet which he knew was coming his way. I also advised that Natalie would forward my specials. It has been FOUR days and I have not heard a word. By the time this is posted, it will be FIVE days. Yep, when I think of NIRVC, customer service definitely does NOT come to mind.

The other 2 dealers I contacted not only been helpful in going over the build sheet, but got back with me within a day. Sadly, they are located further away and I will have to deal with a cold weather delivery, but "C'est la vie."

NIRVC dropped the ball. At this point I could never trust the salesman in Nashville. If this is how I'm treated when I'm all but throwing my business at him, how would I be treated later down the road. I'm sorry I cannot jump on the NIRVC bandwagon. I really wanted to.
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:46 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
"I decided to go with the LA 4551 and sent a new build sheet which he knew was coming his way. I also advised that Natalie would forward my specials. It has been FOUR days and I have not heard a word. By the time this is posted, it will be FIVE days. Yep, when I think of NIRVC, customer service definitely does NOT come to mind."
So you have proof they received it? You say you are all in but can't pick up the phone and ask "did you get it"? How do you know they arn't still waiting on you to send the info? That sales person has lots going on.
Doing a deal is a 2 way street.
Bill