Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2021, 05:15 PM   #15

RV Insurance

Foremost is who we went with. What I liked is the full replacement value for the first 5-years. After we installed our solar system we had the policy re-priced to reflect the cost of the system.
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2021, 04:37 PM   #16

We just changed Insurance

I have had Allstate for everything my entire adult life. This year Allstate more than doubled my premiums even though we had never submitted a claim. My agent told me that was Allstate's way of telling me they no longer want to insure RVs. We ended up with National General with the FMCA discount
Carl Avila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:32 PM   #17

Run from National General

I had a motorhome and a travel trailer in the same building. A tornado came through and blew the building down on both. Motor home with National General and travel trailer with Nationwide. Nationwide adjuster came and in three days, I had a check for actually more than I give for it, National General it took 4 months to get an adjusted and he wrote an estimate for $1700. 4 years and a lawsuit, still only paid about $.60 on the dollar of what motorhome was worth. After settling with my lawyer, I lost $80,000. It got to the point where good money was chasing bad. They spent money on Attorneys to keep from paying a claim, that they could have used to pay me and settle. That's their game, is to try to out lawyer you and have you get a point, that you throw in the towel because the cost keeps going up.
Do not get National General.
cheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #18

Not sure on the other carriers, but I learned that Progressive has extended coverage for RV specifics like roof damage, insect / rodent damage, etc. I thought my travel trailer policy was actually underwritten by Progressive through USAA. However, it was insured with USAA directly and only an extension of my auto policy. In other words, I had considerably less coverage on it before I moved it to Progressive with the new Ventana - still is "through" USAA, so I get all of the multi-policy discounts, etc.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:04 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Progressive because they know motorhomes and the coverage needed. My State Farm agent said they would cover a motorhome but did not specialize in them.

2016 F250 6.7
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Avila View Post
I have had Allstate for everything my entire adult life. This year Allstate more than doubled my premiums even though we had never submitted a claim. My agent told me that was Allstate's way of telling me they no longer want to insure RVs. We ended up with National General with the FMCA discount
National General is owned by Allstate. Their purchase was finalized in January, 2021. Funny how the industry works.
Auburnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #21

RV Insurance

Congratulations! For insurance, we have found Hartford to be both good and reasonable priced. They include roadside assistance which we've used in the past. I've priced other companies but keep coming back to The Hartford.

We hope you have many safe and memorable trips in your new coach.

The Goldees
2009 Newmar Canyon Star
"Kindness wins."
msrabbi2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:49 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
RV Insurance

I used to use Hartford but they refused to insure me a couple years ago. My 15 year old motorhome msrp was over $480,000 when new 15 years ago ! they said they will no longer write business on that level motorhome. I laughed and said it’s 15 years old! Not anywhere near that much ! Sorry , go by we the original msrp. I think the level was 400,000 or thereabouts. Pretty strange rule.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:12 PM   #23

Left NG for Geico.....saved money. Let's see what happens.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:44 AM   #24

Just dealt with progressive on a total loss of our 5th wheel. I felt like they did a great job. My buddy was parked next to mine and suffered a total loss on his also. He has all state....progressive has us all done and all state hasn't even had an adjuster look at it. That was after all state made him tow a totalled trailer to a repair shop so their adjuster can go look at it....at some point. Progressive took care of everything for us and even reimbursed us for our hotel stay while we were cleaning out the camper.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:18 AM   #25

I have National General thru Good Sam but will be changing. Our friends have a newer Dutch Star with National General. They have been fighting over a claim for several weeks now. Seems they will not cover most of the damage.

Something has changed. Three years ago I had some hail damage and windshield damage. National General was good to work with then.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:47 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Smile Great Coverage through FMCA recommendation

We have FMCA and used them to get all our insurance needs covered: health, truck, MH - FullTimers! They directed us to their broker; FCIS, who researched many brands for the best coverage. We ended up with Progressive. FCIS re-quotes our coverage every year, and have saved us $$$$ off the quote we received from Progressive.
FCIS has helped us with our switch to Medicare for our health insurance, our truck insurance (a multi-discounted policy) and the FullTimers policy. We also use FMCA for their tire discounts! Great programs and helpful people!
Old 09-21-2021, 02:35 PM   #27

Progressive here, too. Have had claims and they were very responsive.
helferdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyV View Post
Good afternoon Newmar owners...

We are picking up our new 2022 Newmar Ventana in the next several weeks and would like to inquire as to what the majority of everyone has decided on
is the "best RV Insurance" to use??

Any and ALL inputs would be greatly appreciated and more then helpful as its our first Class A!

Much Thanks, be smart and safe please.....
Get quotes from insurance brokers. I use Good Sam, FMCA and a local broker called Brightway. They can do a better job of shopping the myriad of possibilities.
wjijr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance