Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #1

RV Insurance

Good afternoon Newmar owners...

We are picking up our new 2022 Newmar Ventana in the next several weeks and would like to inquire as to what the majority of everyone has decided on
is the "best RV Insurance" to use??

Any and ALL inputs would be greatly appreciated and more then helpful as its our first Class A!

Much Thanks, be smart and safe please.....
GuyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations.

I don’t know if it is the best, but I use Progressive.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:48 PM   #3

I have State Farm for everything. The key to low rates and good service is always name brand companies and high deductibles. I have a 2000 deductible (would go higher if they let me). It's 1/2 the cost of a 1000 deductible.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:59 PM   #4

Congratulations! I just bought mine and went with Good Sam through National General. I asked around and NG seemed to be a reputable name. Also got the roadside assistance with unlimited towing. I have been told that Progressive was good but I've heard stories of Flo shafting people so I've been reluctant to even have them quote it.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have State Farm on the cars, MH, House, ATV's etc. Been with them for years. Probably not the cheapest, but, very good claim service and one of the few companies that can do all my toys and properties.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:43 PM   #6

State Farm, 500 deductible with an additional umbrella covering both RV and car. Comprehensive coverage including free roadside assist and free heavy tow options.
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:28 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have been using Ron Jarvie with Overland Insurance Service for many years and have not been disappointed. Last year when I renewed he had researched my options and made a recommendation to save money within a day of me getting my advanced renewal notice. They sure know the RV business. Give him a try.

FLSteve

Ronald L. Jarvie
Certified Insurance Counselor
Overland Insurance Services
480-994-9584 or 800-677-4027
ron@rvins.com
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OversizeVan View Post
Congratulations! I just bought mine and went with Good Sam through National General. I asked around and NG seemed to be a reputable name. Also got the roadside assistance with unlimited towing. I have been told that Progressive was good but I've heard stories of Flo shafting people so I've been reluctant to even have them quote it.
NG shafted me, no claim just payments / processing paperwork, wont deal with them again
ransil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:40 AM   #9

Amica across the board for everything. We had a garage fire and Amica was fantastic to deal with. They were overly fair with the coverage and amounts paid. I will never leave them after that experience.

What surprised me was the difference in policy costs due to domicile. I have a home in Florida and one in Rhode Island. Since I register the RV in Florida and not RI the policy is over 1k more per year for using the Florida domicile. At first we used RI before I realized what I did. It went from a 1k policy to over 2k just for using Florida.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #10

Use GEICO, and so far no problems. Had one claim and everything went great. Roadside assistance and towing is part of the policy. Towing is not unlimited but they will get you to the nearest repair shop.
JMcG
2016 VTDP 3725
JMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #11

Congratulations on your new coach! I've used Nation Wide for years- Have $2K deductible with full replacement value- costing me about $2,200/year.
Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #12

Times 2 on Ron Jarvie with Overland Insurance Service. They started us with Nationwide (Allied) but when the coach aged out of full replacement they/we switched to Foremost. Have been satisfied with both including an engine fire that Nationwide covered with no issues. In any case, Overland seems to be on top of the RV insurance scene. BTW, we are Fulltime and that, I'm sure makes a difference.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #13

A lot depends in which state you are in. I am in Minnesota and I have State Farm for all my vehicles, house and MH. It is full replacement policy for only $2400 with $500 deductible and $0 on glass.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
Dan DS

Our Florida homeowners insurance is about three times what we paid in Indiana for a comparably priced house and we are not on the coast in Florida. One thing I do like in Florida though is the license plate costs are a fraction of what Indiana charged since they had excise taxes etc. on license plates.

Tags
insurance