Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Covered Storage, not enclosed. No hookups. Air bags deflated, jacks up. Nothing under tires except gravel. Go over once a week and check batteries, and do little things that need doing. New one, we will do it the same way until I know the coach better.
1. Leave Refrigerator open.
2. Slides in= neighbor might not see them and bam, need new slide.
3. Jacks up, no need to keep it level
4. Master switches off - inverter disabled/off - Refer switch off.
5. If dishwasher, lock and turn off breaker, leave 1" of water in the bottom keeps little rotor valve wet, O-rings won't dry out.
6. Keep shades pulled down on all windows,
7. Lock deadbolt and other lock.
8. Vents closed, nothing open
We live in Northern GA, humidity is high, have never seen mold forming anywhere, I do exercise a/c-heat pumps when charge batteries with genset.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2019, 06:02 AM   #16
GKU

Bought our New house in a 55+ community in central FL. This builder had several streets reserved for RV homes. These are homes designed for an RV garage. Our house has a two car garage on one end and on the other a 60x20 RV garage.
We feel very fortunate living here.
FYI: They just opened another street for RV homes to build!!
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Keep it inside. Dual purposes as a man cave. Stays plugged into 50 amp power. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181028_163803.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	246131
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #18
mre

Mine is parked outside. I wax it a couple times a year with at spray wax. I thought of going the indoor storage route, but don't feel there will be an adequate return when I sell that would cover the cost. There is a guy parked across from me with a about a 10 year old Dutch Star he bought used about 7 or 8 years ago that really looks good. I told him that it looks like he had indoor storage at one time. He said no, it has been kept outside in the Florida sun all the years he has owned it.

There was also a guy that died here last year that had a 2011 Fleetwood that was parked next to my MH. The coach always looked awful. It looked like it was rarely washed and probably never waxed it. It was cleaned up before his wife sold it and it really looked good. There are also others that park in the same lot that have not so new coaches of various brands. The paint seems to be holding up on all of them. Most of those are clean and looked waxed. The only exceptions are the Gel Coat Coaches with decals -- not so good.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #19

Go indoors.

I bought a 10 year old MountainAire last year from someone who built a building to house it. I live in MN so indoor storage is a smart thing if you can find it and afford it. One of the criteria on buying a used coach is "how was it stored"? My local Newmar dealer will not purchase a used coach that was stored outside. I have no room for it at my suburban home so I searched for rented storage but in the end decided to buy a 25 X 55 garage condo. The property tax and association fees were about equal to the annual rental fees. It has 50 amp service, heat and plumbing. I store it air out on the jacks with the slides (and windows) open. I am happy with the size as it allows enough room to have the slides out, basement doors open and still get around the coach to work on the various things that need fixing. Garage Condos are a growing industry and the one I am in has over 260 units of various sizes. Check your area for something similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3814.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	246403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6220.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	246404  

Nevermind Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags