Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2021, 06:45 PM   #1

RVIbrake3 Toad Brake and tire pressure monitor system in one

Can't help but share my excitement.

My wife and I just replaced our Toad, a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk with a 2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

In Sept of 2019 we purchased Vickie our 2019 Ventana 4369.

I had a Tire Pressure monitor system in our 2007 Gulfstream FRED, from EEZtire and it served us well but let it go with FRED when sold.

I also Had an RVIbrake2 which served us well, and really liked but 2 separate systems up on the dash.

I sold it to a friend to help him so he could tow his Grand Cherokee.

Well I went back to RVIbrake to learn what they had to offer and was very pleased to learn they went to the RVIbrake3 with Command center Tablet and wifi instead of Analog radio signaling for both braking and tire pressure monitors.

I purchased the whole enchilada, Brake, Tablet, 12 TPMS Sensors, brake away and 12 volt direct wire kit.

Now I have a Toad Braking system with 12 TPMS system all rolled in to one.

Waiting for the snow to melt so I can get this installed and set up.

It will feel good to have a TPMS system again.

Anyone using one of these, please share your experience, pros, cons, praise or complaints.

Ted.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2021, 06:49 PM   #2

I have the same setup ; driven 3,000 miles with it - it’s worked well. (toad pressures, and toad battery charger too).

The love affair doesn’t end with the drive. The “level” feature makes leveling the coach at your destination a breeze... It gives a clear display and directions on what to raise.
ChrisFSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #3

Glad to hear you like it...

I have the RVIBrake3 and tablet....

I've used it for towing my toad and for leveling... really like it so far...

The prior owner had the RT66 TPS system. It's basic and it works, but it doesn't show the toad.... The first time it needs any kind of repair or maintenance, I'll probably swap it out for the RVIBrake3 TPS system....
Old 02-24-2021, 11:32 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Interesting to hear all these pleasant reviews. Since I bought it in 2012 I’ve been running an original RVi Brake— Mine doesn’t even have a number! 9 years and ~50K miles without a burp. A year or so ago I called them to inquire about any preventive care. If I send it to them they’ll do a full refurb for a couple hundred $$. Maybe I’ll do that. Meanwhile, it just keeps humming. Great product!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:34 AM   #5

I have the rvi3 system also. TPMS, brakes, battery charger, and breakaway cable

Very satisfied. The tire pressure sensors are very accurate - tested against two known gauges. The tire temperature sensing is worthless, basically showing ambient temperature, but that is the norm for externally mounted sensors.

I like the display showing all tire sensors simultaneously, along with the braking and charging.

Customer service has been very good

Dave
Old 02-25-2021, 05:18 AM   #6

I have used the brake system & tablet for several years now. Brake has worked very well and never an issue.
I have had tablet issues on several occasions but will say RVi cust svc has always been helpful.
I can't hook up easily before we actually leave so find issues thebfirst day out. Sometimes the tablet needs some sort of reset, others it was a download to get it working. Once the tablet just quit and had to wait for a replacement but there were no hesitation from RVi.

I installed a DIY charge line and considering the TPM system but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Appreciate the positive reviews.
Bottoming I would recommend it to anyone considering a removable brake box system.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:22 AM   #7

I've had the RVI3 for four or five years now. Their tech help is extremely good and very accommodating. It is a very nice company to work with. My only problem has been that tablet occationally loses contact with the brakes and the TPM's. That condition continues.
Davidlcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidlcyr View Post
I've had the RVI3 for four or five years now. Their tech help is extremely good and very accommodating. It is a very nice company to work with. My only problem has been that tablet occationally loses contact with the brakes and the TPM's. That condition continues.
Have you tried moving the Hub to a different location?
Old 03-01-2021, 05:52 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I've had the RVi brake, tablet, and tire sensors for 4 years and had quite a different experience than what I see here. Over my ownership, RVi has been fantastic with customer service. I've had two brakes go bad under warranty and they were both replaced overnight. The current brake has worked well for about two years. The tablet was replaced once, the hub once, and I can't possibly recall how many times I've replaced the various tire sensors. I originally bought 6 then added the toad and later another two for a new rig with a tag. The main issue was that various tires wouldn't read properly on the tablet. I think the times it worked fully with all tires showing up correctly on the tablet was less than 10 times over the course of ownership. I tried many different positions for the hub because I assumed there was some interference, but in the end, it didn't provide peace of mind since not all tires were showing correctly. This summer, the batteries started going on the sensors and with this system, you have to send them back to RVi to have the batteries changed for $10 each (I think). I've got 12 so $120 for something that wasn't working didn't make sense to me, so I gave up and purchased EEZ which has worked perfectly. The monitor isn't as pretty, but it is showing all tires without a problem and I haven't had to install the booster. I'm still using the brake without the tablet and have a tablet, hub, and 12 sensors that need their batteries replaced to sell.
CMHMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHMike View Post
I've had the RVi brake, tablet, and tire sensors for 4 years and had quite a different experience than what I see here. Over my ownership, RVi has been fantastic with customer service. I've had two brakes go bad under warranty and they were both replaced overnight. The current brake has worked well for about two years. The tablet was replaced once, the hub once, and I can't possibly recall how many times I've replaced the various tire sensors. I originally bought 6 then added the toad and later another two for a new rig with a tag. The main issue was that various tires wouldn't read properly on the tablet. I think the times it worked fully with all tires showing up correctly on the tablet was less than 10 times over the course of ownership. I tried many different positions for the hub because I assumed there was some interference, but in the end, it didn't provide peace of mind since not all tires were showing correctly. This summer, the batteries started going on the sensors and with this system, you have to send them back to RVi to have the batteries changed for $10 each (I think). I've got 12 so $120 for something that wasn't working didn't make sense to me, so I gave up and purchased EEZ which has worked perfectly. The monitor isn't as pretty, but it is showing all tires without a problem and I haven't had to install the booster. I'm still using the brake without the tablet and have a tablet, hub, and 12 sensors that need their batteries replaced to sell.
Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your experience.

I hope it all works out better for me, I will keep everyone posted, I may be a few weeks before I get to use the system, I am still in Snow country.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHMike View Post
I am Sorry to report I am having similar problems with my system, First trip Brake wifi chip failed lost connection, replaced, second trip brake signal loss every 5 minutes , replaced again, Still having intermittent loss of signal even though signal strength is 5 bars in all instances.

Multiple tire pressure sensor failures so far 5 have been replaced then I am told I will be buying new ones every year or so out of warranty.

Oh you need to remove them when not in use, to preserve the batteries as they never go to sleep.

They had me ship the whole system back for testing, they say all is well but replaced 2 of the pressure sensors and sent it back.

It just came back Sunday, only to find they just threw the tablet in with the brake no wrapping and destroyed the screen protector, so I had to remove it so I can see the screen.

All of my complaints seem to fall on deaf ears, but they call themselves customer service Champions, LOL

I will give it to them, they remain calm and polite in every instance but that does not fix any of my issues.

If I had to give it a 1-5 star review, I can only give it a 1 star.

The system does not work as advertised, and all I get is excuses as to why.

I can not in good conscience recommend this very expensive, unreliable system to anyone.

Ted.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:57 AM   #12

I also purchased the entire system, command center, hub,brake 3,battery charger, wireless breakaway, 12volt source and tire patrol. So far I really like it, gave up my tst system, with this one I see all tires at once tst system had to keep checking as it showed 1 tire at a time.
Customer service is great.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #13

Based on several of the previous comments I bought the RVIBrake3 without the Command Center and TPMS. I already have the EEZ TPMS so there was no incentive to replace that. The brake unit is so much easier to connect up than my previous EvenBrake unit and the voice response is reassuring. First big trip coming this weekend so will see how it works out on the road.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:19 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
My RVi3 brake unit works fine! EZ to connect & disconnect! Very Happy with it!

However, the "Tablet" is useless, as it doesn't connect, The Hub does not work!

And I have 10 brand new TPMS sensors! Why? Well the first ones would not stay connected. RVi gladly replaced all of them! They will not connect!
Will sell cheap if someone wants them!

Gave up, and bought a TST 507 TPMS system (10 sensors)! Not the cheapest, but I believe the best! Accurate to the pound. Do have one that is one pound off! Had it for over a year, & no issues!

Good Luck with your RVi TPMS systems, but no luck for me!
Jabber Jaw is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, monitor, tire, tire pressure, toad