Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #1

Safe T plus steering assist

Will the safe T plus model 41-230 work on a 2005 DSDP 3815 spartan chassis.

Thanks,
Knot-Fly'n
Keith727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #2

Yes Since we have an old Essex without Comfort Drive we put it on when we got the coach in 04 brand new. Have 140K miles we put on and if you don't have Comfort Drive on your Newmar coach which would those coaches built before 08 we would recommend it. Had a right front tire explode on our way back from Alaska and was going 65 and was able to bring to save stop without a big problem. Great company to deal with and have a life time warranty too.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:04 AM   #3

Safe T Plus

Thanks Tom!!!

Keith
Old 10-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Keith, if you want a manual version of Comfort Steer, install the "True Center", Blue Ox. It's a front end stabilizer that is adjustable. It will correct for road crown and wind push. I put one on my 2005 Monaco Diplomat and loved it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #5

True Center a lot of $. Safe-T-Plus around 500$. Can install your self.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:45 AM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Let's get all the info. True Center and Safe T Plus use the same mounting plate. Both can be installed by owner. One is just a shock that increases steering pressure and will add more fatigue by the end of the day. The other prevents fatigue and corrects for wind and road crown. One is $600 and the other is $1100.00. Neither prevents flat tires or will provide additional control in a blow out. Too many people buying steering stabilizers for the wrong reasons, blowout protection!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:18 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Let's get all the info. True Center and Safe T Plus use the same mounting plate. Both can be installed by owner. One is just a shock that increases steering pressure and will add more fatigue by the end of the day. The other prevents fatigue and corrects for wind and road crown. One is $600 and the other is $1100.00. Neither prevents flat tires or will provide additional control in a blow out. Too many people buying steering stabilizers for the wrong reasons, blowout protection!

Man I couldn't agree more in regards to blow out control, but I don't agree with fatigue and my Safe T Plus. No real steering pressure noticed with power steering on mine.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:21 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just put Safe-t-plus on my motorhome. About 1,000 miles ago. I must have it adjusted near perfect. That 1,000 miles was partly thru the last storm. I could have easly drove with one hand. It’s one of the best additions I have made.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:18 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Man I couldn't agree more in regards to blow out control, but I don't agree with fatigue and my Safe T Plus. No real steering pressure noticed with power steering on mine.

Let me clarify with us having power steering I don't know how you can feel any steering pressure. It steers easy but again IMO I don't see how it helps with a front tire blow out. The front end drops and wants to pull to that side not turns to that side.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:19 AM   #10

Safe T plus

Thanks for all the info. Have a friend that has he took off his previous RV, and it will not fit on his current RV. He says I can have.

Thanks again,
Knot-fly'n
Old 10-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #11

See very few coaches with True Center system but Safe-T-Plus most be at least 10 to 1 on coaches. The best is Comfort Drive put either of the 2 systems can assist with steering control.

Tags
steering