Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Sani-con Turbo 500 or 700 ???

Sani-con Turbo 500 or 700
Link below:

Sani-Con® Turbo | Products | Thetford

Does anyone have experience with a Sani-con turbo 700 system?

How do you like them?

Can Newmar put them in?
Best place to purchase one?
Pricing?
Thanks in advance!!

https://www.glroadtrips.com
glester99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
The sanicon is an option on the 2018 models for a Grand. Seems like you should be able to buy one and put it in. I ordered it, pretty excited to see how it works.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glester99 View Post
Sani-con Turbo 500 or 700
Link below:

Sani-Con® Turbo | Products | Thetford

Does anyone have experience with a Sani-con turbo 700 system?

How do you like them?

Can Newmar put them in?
Best place to purchase one?
Pricing?
Thanks in advance!!
Gary, I believe these are the OEM models. I don't think Newmar will install these after the fact. The one I spoke to you about is the Box mount model with gray water bypass. Hope this helps! Call me if you want to discuss.
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #4

Have the Turboo our 2017 Precept 35S and the biggest, as-yet unresolved issue is the lack of a clear piece of inspection/observation tube section to monitor the process. Got very used to the clear elbow used on previous 2 RV's. Maybe one day it will become a field-installable option. Until then, all the good doesn't outweigh this shortcoming and we are seriously consider using the available traditional method permanently as we have on several occasions instead. Inexcusable in our opinion.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #5

I asked about the turbo version on a Dutchstar. Not enough room I was told. However in addition, if you look at the Turbo version it has 3 in lines going into it. Dutchstars have only a 1.5 or 2 inch grey line. I'm assuming the grey tank has 3 inch outlet since the Mountain Aire has the Turbo as an option with the same size grey tank. So why does Newmar at least not run 3 inch lines from both so that the grey tank fully cleans the outlet pipe.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #6

i also ordered the sani con option on my 2018 dutch star.....

i should think it would have the grey water by pass....

also, at least on pics of a 2018 mountain aire wet bay i saw, there appears to be a separate conventional black tank dump connection, to be able to by pass the sani con in case of loss of functionality. i hope the dutch star would be the same.....

anyone see a good pic of a 2018 dutch star wet bay with the option installed ?
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
i also ordered the sani con option on my 2018 dutch star.....

i should think it would have the grey water by pass....

also, at least on pics of a 2018 mountain aire wet bay i saw, there appears to be a separate conventional black tank dump connection, to be able to by pass the sani con in case of loss of functionality. i hope the dutch star would be the same.....

anyone see a good pic of a 2018 dutch star wet bay with the option installed ?
I ordered it unseen too willipaul. Figured I'd rather have it and not use it rather than not have it and want it. But it is a bit frustrating that Newmar wants you to buy a $1,000 option sight unseen, like opening a Christmas present. I did read somewhere that is has the grey bypass so we can hookup the 3" for direct empty at a campground. Hoping I like it because there is no re-gifting.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Sani Con was one of the few options we did not include in our 2018 Dutch Star order. It was recommended not to because of the time it takes to empty. We would have considered the turbo if it was available.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi glester99,
Been using the twist on permanent mount model, with grey water bypass, for 10-12 years. The grey water bypass is a must feature. It will pump 10 gallons a minute. Does it take longer than the 3" hose, yes. Having the Sani-Con setup is well worth it.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
Sani Con was one of the few options we did not include in our 2018 Dutch Star order. It was recommended not to because of the time it takes to empty. We would have considered the turbo if it was available.
from the sani con website video, the permanent mount box unit is advertised to empty a 40 gallon tank in 50 seconds....

i am pretty sure that is not the turbo version....

but not 100% certain....

i am not so concerned about the time....i don't want to have to fight gravity....and you can connect a garden hose to the end and extend it very easily....so i can park far away from the sewer dump in a site and have it not be a concern.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The part about how long they take to dump is always regurgitated by people that don't own one or ever tried one. It takes most people longer to dump a standard hose because of the time to pull out hose, connect, clean, rinse and store away. Oh yeah, and the dribble they get on their shoes.

If you buy the standard model, it just attaches to the sewer 3" outlet with a clear elbow.

Since the Dutch Stars all come with macerator toilets, there is also no alleged build up of solids, an argument many also use to condemn the SaniCon. They say they need the "whoosh" affect to get their tanks to dump, another fallacy.

We've been using the SaniCon system for 13+ years. It's so nice to just pull the, already connected, hose out, uncap the end and insert in the drain.....your done. Clean up.....just replace the screw on cap.

I have an electric 3" drain valve with dual switches for the SaniCon and drain inside the coach. I can dump my tanks from my half bath. It's really convenient on the day you're breaking camp. I dump the tanks while packing up the interior. Once the coach is aired up and ready to go, I just put away the power cord, water hose and SaniCon hose.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #12

DS

I have heard not real info that the hose on the Sani-Con fail and are not durable. What has your experience been. What about small 3 inch line inside the coach?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post

We've been using the SaniCon system for 13+ years. It's so nice to just pull the, already connected, hose out, uncap the end and insert in the drain.....your done. Clean up.....just replace the screw on cap.

I have an electric 3" drain valve with dual switches for the SaniCon and drain inside the coach. I can dump my tanks from my half bath. It's really convenient on the day you're breaking camp. I dump the tanks while packing up the interior. Once the coach is aired up and ready to go, I just put away the power cord, water hose and SaniCon hose.
Now that makes sense...! We don't have any real world knowledge of Sanicon. It would be great to push a button an empty the tank!

Will give this some serious thought. Why is it a $1,000 option with Newmar?
Old 06-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The SaniCon 1.5" hose is one of the most durable sewer hoses I've ever used. My last coach, the hose was going on ten years when I sold the coach. What's really nice is that they'll stretch to 20'. I carry a spare to extend to 40', but don't ever recall using it.

The first generation SaniCon systems used a poor quality 3" hose that goes from the 3" drain to the SaniCon unit. The hose is about 36" long. It never leaked, but it was porous and made the water bay smell. I replaced mine with a section of Rhino hose.

One of the reasons I added the electric switches inside the coach, was the small size of the black tank on the Dutch Star. Under normal use, we were filling every 2.5 days. The darn toilet red light seemed to always come on at about 11:00pm at night.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote