RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #1

Sanicon in older Newmar

Thinking about adding a Sanicon Turbo to my 02 Kountry Star. Anyone with an older Kountry Star or Dutch Star around my vintage install a Sanicon. Just wondering if I have the room.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #2

I installed one in my 2005 DSDP. Plenty of room in a 05 model.
Final install picture below. You can see I did remove the divider in the wet bay and had to widen the hose outlet channel so i could run the hose out that slot. I could have used the round opening but liked the alignment of the pump and existing slot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3542.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	309169  
Old 11-24-2020, 07:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbike199 View Post
I installed one in my 2005 DSDP. Plenty of room in a 05 model.
Final install picture below. You can see I did remove the divider in the wet bay and had to widen the hose outlet channel so i could run the hose out that slot. I could have used the round opening but liked the alignment of the pump and existing slot.
Nice looking setup. How do you like it? Thanks for posting the pic.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:21 AM   #4

I very pleased with it. I recommend an extra section of hose and a hose covers too. You can use a garden hose if you need extra distance but I did not want to go that route. I seldom need to put on the extra hose but sometimes the park design dictates the extra hose. Takes only a minute to add the extra hose and tighten the band clamp.

As far as the Sanicon goes, it rocks! Dumps extremely fast and a very sanatory system. If I am staying somewhere for the weekend I just use the tanks and pull the hose out when full. It can empty my tanks in just a few minutes. Amazing the force it pushes the fluid out.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:32 AM   #5

….always wondered--how does the Sanicon system overcome the eventual "pyramid of poo" in the black tank?......key to a successful 4" hose gravity flush is plenty of water and a full tank when dumping....
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
….always wondered--how does the Sanicon system overcome the eventual "pyramid of poo" in the black tank?......key to a successful 4" hose gravity flush is plenty of water and a full tank when dumping....
I would assume it is the same problem and same solution as you mentioned. Only difference I see is the Sanicon will empty the black tank faster than a standard sewer hose. I personally use the GEO method.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I would assume it is the same problem and same solution as you mentioned. Only difference I see is the Sanicon will empty the black tank faster than a standard sewer hose. I personally use the GEO method.
I don't think the Sani-con empties faster than the 3 inch connection normally used. Many of the MH's with sanicon do also have black tank flush systems.

2007 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post

The “pyramid of poo” is more of a lack of water in the tank than a flushing issue.
There should always be some water in the black tank when it is being used. An empty tank allows the poo to hit and sit on the tank bottom, thus the start of the pyramid.
Water in the tank to start and a good dump with a rinse will make for a clean tank. You can add extra water for a rinse by simply flushing the stool and keeping the water running.
With a little creative hose work and a valved “y”, you can backfill the tank through the macerator to help with the rinsing.
I have a Sanicon permanent mount system in mine. I push water back through it to clean the macerator blades and help with rinsing the tank. I also have a tank cleaning system, that came installed, that I use.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
I don't think the Sani-con empties faster than the 3 inch connection normally used. Many of the MH's with sanicon do also have black tank flush systems.
I agree you need a black tank flush system too. Faster? Seems to be but that is not the reason I use one. It just seems cleaner to work with.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I agree you need a black tank flush system too. Faster? Seems to be but that is not the reason I use one. It just seems cleaner to work with.
I think I'll like using one. The one on our new to us MH is out of commission. It looks like the pump side wasn't winterized and the seal burst. It also had a piece of metal stuck in with the impeller. I bet they stopped using after the metal was sucked up and then forgot to include in the winterizing.

2007 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
I agree that although the macerator is not “faster” it is cleaner. I piped ours through the outer wall and made connections for water in and dump out (garden hose style). Connections are in a doored box. No feeding hoses through holes!
I can hook up, stay, dump, and disconnect without getting my hands wet (or dirty). This also allows us to completely close the bay door in cooler and inclement weather.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Final install picture below. You can see I did remove the divider in the wet bay and had to widen the hose outlet channel so i could run the hose out that slot. I could have used the round opening but liked the alignment of the pump and existing slot.[/QUOTE]

dbike199 could you explain how your setup works with your black tank rinsing station. Does your in house water pressure have enough pressure to clean the tank and what about backflow ?
Thanks Dave
Old 11-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #13

I actually have changed it slightly since this picture. I added a master on/off valve between the timer and inlet for the black tank sprayer. I never used the outside shower and have seen many others doing something like this so I installed it.

I added the extra valve as an additional safe call.

To rinse I just open the hot and cold and then the master valve and set the timer. (yes, I forgot about it once in my old fifth wheel)

I normally flush with city water supply so I always have ample pressure. If I needed to use the pump, I believe it would have ample pressure as it is a Remco 55-Aquajet, over 5 gallons a minute.

I like the hot water option too. ;-)
Old 11-26-2020, 11:10 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=dbike199;5534811]I actually have changed it slightly since this picture. I added a master on/off valve between the timer and inlet for the black tank sprayer. I never used the outside shower and have seen many others doing something like this so I installed it.

I really like this idea, one less hose i need to drag out. Would like pics or part numbers for this mod. if you have them handy. Not familiar with a timer like this, but what a great idea, I had the same misfortune years ago, not a pretty sight. Like you I have never used the shower and do like the idea of the hot water flush.
Thanks Dave

Tags
newmar