Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2021, 05:17 PM   #1

Satellite Prep Wiring

Have talked to Newmar, searched Newgle, and so far no luck. Newmar response to a request for a wiring schematic, is they build all custom coaches and do not have a wiring diagram or schematic??????

Our coach came with a satellite prep installation. I had the local RV shop install a Wingard Traveler 1000 a couple of weeks ago. They wired the TV on the televater and it is working fine. They did a very nice installation. I purposely did not get a Disk TV Wally for the outdoor or bedroom TVs. I plan on using Dish TV Pay As You Go Plan. With only two of us onboard, it is hard to imagine different programming on multiple tv's at the same time. As I understand the charges, it would add $10 to $14 each time I buy a 30 day segment even if two tvs and their receivers are off the entire time. Thus I would like to split the HDMI output from the one receiver I have and send the same programming to all tvs. Any suggestions that do not involve dismantling the interor?
PeteDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2021, 08:48 PM   #2
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You may be able to use a HDMI wireless transmitter/receiver.

Some like this, as an example:

IOGEAR Wireless HD Plug and Play HDMI Computer/TV/Projector Audio Video Audio Extender Kit

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077BGN2C8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
D20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:24 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
In 2019, Newmar made it standard on the Dutch Star that the receiver sent the signal, via HDMI to all TV's. In the past, they only sent the signal, via HDMI, to the main, front TV (if you had one) and the outside TV (if you had one). The bedroom TV, they expected you to add a second receiver. We started to special order the addition of the HDMI cable (from the receiver) to the bedroom TV on our 2019, but they were now making that standard.

Have you actually checked your other TV's, (selected the correct SOURCE) to see if they're connected?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:47 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. The coach was at the local diesel service business, solving a Onan oil leak problem. Got it back as the sun was going down today. Will probably do the suggested checking over the weekend. Will update the thread with what I find.

Newmar makes a good product and is responsive to calls. But their claim of not having any level of detail on items I have requested is frustrating. I accept that they do not do wire looms and can not provide exact wire location info. But, they have to have end points for wires to be run during manufacturing, for those building the product!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2021, 11:55 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Having a 2016...I am probably way off...

Ours came with a Travler dish...and we optioned in wiring for a carry out dish.

You might check to see if your coach has the carry out option...in the cord reel bay, the plate will have three coax connections...one for CATV..the other two are for SAT...one going forward...one going to the Bedroom.

In each of those locations there will bay an A/B switch. This allows you to select which input goes into your Dish Receiver. Our Receiver output up front goes to an HDMI splitter... We actually have two splitters up front...one that is devoted to the Blueray output, the other to the Dish Receiver output. We only have two TVs connected to each splitter...one goes output goes to the televator, the other goes to the Ovhd TV. If any of these components matchup...it may help you find the trouble...but they may have switched everything as they updated their wiring architecture.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:11 AM   #6

I don't think you are going to have much luck with the schematics from Newmar. Your best bet is to get the tone generator as suggested, that is what worked for me. Once you find the splitters, make sure to check the connections and add the dummy plugs.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:37 PM   #7

Mid twenties overnight, mid thirties today, that is cold in eastern NC anytime. But it had to done so here are the results of my testing on which TVs are connected to the Wally DishTV reciever using only the factory prewire. Answer is the televator and external TVs have been verified as connected and display the same screen content. I have not been able to checkout the bedroom TV as the bed slide in blocks access to the electronic cabinet in the dresser and I did not have the room to extend the slide. So, bottom line great news for the two TVs that matter. With warmer weather I will sort out the bedroom status. Thanks for all the help. BTW, I did talk to Newmar support and every last bit of information I twas old was absolutely WRONG. This group and it's members are so helpful.

Tags
satellite, wiring