Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2017, 08:54 AM   #1

Satellite Wiring??

I am trying to confirm in my order how I want the wiring to be done for my Directv satellite. Hopefully someone has this same setup and they can tell me the proper description. Below is how I want it to be done.

1) I want the ability to feed all three TV's (living area, bedroom and outside) from one satellite receiver in one entertainment center which I believe would be the main one.

2) But I also want to be able to use a second satellite receiver for just the bedroom TV if I choose to take two receivers.

Has anyone done it this way and if so could you send me the exact instructions on the specials sheet?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #2

One HR-44/54, genie, can feed up to 4 different TVs. With a SWM 3D2RB LNB on your dish, you can feed the genie as well as up to 2 separate dual channel receivers (H-25); all with one RG-6 coax. I would uses a wireless bridge with the genie and then use the small client (C-41W) with each TV. No wires needed except from the HDMI cable from client to the TV and from the genie to one TV. The HR-44 you will need a power inserter power a SWM LNB. A power inserter is not needed with the HR-54.
If you want 4k (UTV) the you must use the HR-54 with wired client (C-61K).
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Request a special for Newmar to run an HDMI cable from the front A/V cabinet to the bedroom TV.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4Work View Post
Request a special for Newmar to run an HDMI cable from the front A/V cabinet to the bedroom TV.
That will work to get the feed from the main entertainment center to the bedroom TV.

Wouldn't I also need to get a satellite coaxial cable run to the bedroom entertainment center also. I am assuming the satellite coaxial will be run to the main entertainment center from the Trav'ler.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:09 PM   #5

What Trave4Work said. They run a coax standard to the bedroom tv. That's what I did. I can watch all tv's with one receiver or add one just for the bedroom. you have to get an HDMI cable run from the overhead cabinet to the bedroom tv as a special.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Satellite Wiring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ51 View Post
What Trave4Work said. They run a coax standard to the bedroom tv. That's what I did. I can watch all tv's with one receiver or add one just for the bedroom. you have to get an HDMI cable run from the overhead cabinet to the bedroom tv as a special.

+2

And congrats on the new order!

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #7

Why does the cable not run to bedroom to a receiver then an HDMI cable f on bedroom to the bedroom TV?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #8

Direct HR 44 does not require additional wiring. The mini genies are wireless and only need a 120VAC connection.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When I bought my 2014, it came with the satellite coax preinstalled. On the roof, they the satellite connected to coax splitter. One coax cable ran to the front entertainment center and the other ran to the bedroom.

So.....I believe what you want done is pretty standard. When you're ready for a second receiver (Bedroom), you just need to go on the roof, run a second cable from the sat to the coax stubbed on the roof.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:46 PM   #10
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I am trying to confirm in my order how I want the wiring to be done for my Directv satellite. Hopefully someone has this same setup and they can tell me the proper description. Below is how I want it to be done.

1) I want the ability to feed all three TV's (living area, bedroom and outside) from one satellite receiver in one entertainment center which I believe would be the main one.

2) But I also want to be able to use a second satellite receiver for just the bedroom TV if I choose to take two receivers.

Has anyone done it this way and if so could you send me the exact instructions on the specials sheet?
One other thing to consider is a tripod connection for those times that the Trav'ler is blocked by trees. Most coaches have this capability as standard. But not the case with Newmar, so I added it as a special on my order.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp7 View Post
One other thing to consider is a tripod connection for those times that the Trav'ler is blocked by trees. Most coaches have this capability as standard. But not the case with Newmar, so I added it as a special on my order.
This was one of the first specials I got.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
When I bought my 2014, it came with the satellite coax preinstalled. On the roof, they the satellite connected to coax splitter. One coax cable ran to the front entertainment center and the other ran to the bedroom.

So.....I believe what you want done is pretty standard. When you're ready for a second receiver (Bedroom), you just need to go on the roof, run a second cable from the sat to the coax stubbed on the roof.
WHAT, they had the splitter on the roof?? Is it weatherproof? Where did they put the power inserter? The splitter is supposed to be after the power inserter. I did not mention it but this is all for the DirecTV Windgard Traveler.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #13

On mine I had Newmar install the Winegard Direct tv dish and the power inserter and the splitter is in the overhead cabinet
Old 03-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #14

What is a power inserted? Can you have more than one receiver and therefore different shows on the TV's?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, wiring