Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #1

Screen door latch improvement/ finished warranty work on LA

Here at Newmar factory today and finished our warranty work which turned out great. Next to us was a 19 King Aire with the new screen door latch assembly that allows you to open the screen door without opening the sliding glass on screen door. Very simple and have 3 pictures to show what it looks like. Checked with parts here at Newmar and the only way they will sell the latch handle is to buy the plastic/glass insert for 188$. So simple we are surprised this wasn't done long ago. Does any Newmar owners have a suggestion how to come up with our own lever to open screen door like these pictures?
Very,Very pleased with Josh and Stan who worked on our London Aire for 3 days with a number of warranty items plus checking and adding repairs to make our LA with no problems/issues. Just as we know how great Newmar coach's are so is their service. So glad we decided on Newmar in 1997 and so to for today.
Newmar Man
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	212396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	212397  

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	212398  
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2018, 12:35 PM   #2

a friend of mine had a mechanism on his trailer which was much like this and also allowed you to trip the door without sliding the piece open. You can see what it looks like in the pictures of this thread (it's the round bit: LIPPERT RV/Camper Screen Door Slider Panel - Forest River Forums) but I can't figure out where to buy one.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:59 PM   #3

I made one for my trailer....cost $5.00.....OC's is really nice, but did mine in the desert....a person needs to spend some time around him...excess amount of mods!
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
a friend of mine had a mechanism on his trailer which was much like this and also allowed you to trip the door without sliding the piece open. You can see what it looks like in the pictures of this thread (it's the round bit: LIPPERT RV/Camper Screen Door Slider Panel - Forest River Forums) but I can't figure out where to buy one.
I've seen them online "somewhere" but they are only made on the smaller plastic slides and not yet available for doors that have the taller/larger slides. A few yrs ago someone was making and selling something online that was made from a commode handle with a 4-5" pc of stainless tubing coming out of the back. He even included a template for drilling the hole. It worked great but went with the piece of junk Heartland-Bighorn that I had installed it on.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:54 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
I believe this is the part shown on the FR forum post:
Lippert Screen Slider Push Down
TinCanTee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:38 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I saw this one at Quartzsite a couple of years ago on a new fifth wheel. I bought it and modified it to fit the DS door panel. I bought the handle, already mounted to a door panel on a trail parts website. I then carefully removed the handle from the panel it came on (panel wouldn't fit my door) and cut a square hole with a Dremel into my existing panel. The round disc has a tab on the back side that strikes the door catch.

Name:	P10404261[1].jpg
Views:	64
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	213364

Name:	P1040428[1].jpg
Views:	74
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	213365
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags