RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2019, 05:42 AM   #1

See Level Gauges

I currently have the See Level equipment in my coach (which Iím very happy with) and Iím getting ready to order the new floor plan DS 4328 with larger galley, but my question is has anyone asked or had Newmar install these gauges or is there something comparable to this equipment? Thanks in advance

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2019, 07:37 PM   #2

I don't believe Newmar will. One reason, they are not an OEM supplier for them (I don't think).

However if you look up Garnet Industries website at www.garnetinstruments.com you can look up all their dealer locations.

I had their sytem installed last year at the Newmar International Rally. They also go to FMCA larger rallies.

Hope this helps.

BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #3

Check with service if they will and have installed them.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:04 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
See Level Gauges

Newmar installed mine at FPU (I bought and brought to FPU). FYI garnet no longer sells the Bluetooth SeeLevel gauge so I would not install it unless it was BT. I think they are working on a new design. I donít know whatís behind this as mine has been good other than an occasional reboot/power cycle needed (2x in 2 years)
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Newmar installed mine at FPU (I bought and brought to FPU). FYI garnet no longer sells the Bluetooth SeeLevel gauge so I would not install it unless it was BT. I think they are working on a new design. I donít know whatís behind this as mine has been good other than an occasional reboot/power cycle needed (2x in 2 years)
I was told the BT version will not be available till the end of he year.

You can call them and check.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Neil, is your '17 pre KIB monitoring?

Now that they are using the KIB system, and it not only connects to the LCD monitor over the driver, but also controls the macerator full lights, I can't see them replacing the KIB with Seelevel, and I've been curious myself if both could run side by side or if there would be any interference.

When I've read about all the problems people had with false full readings with KIB (fortunately, I haven't had that problem yet), I wondered if it would be possible to run both KIB and Seelevel strips on the tanks.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:34 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nealís-what was the cost of this upgrade. Iím not happy with the OEM.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
The only thing SeeLevel would add with the BT model, not available at this time, is smartphone readings. The 17 has the 1/3 2/3 system, SeeLevel gives you percentages. Starting with 18's Newmar went to a different system that gives you 5% increments which is nice IF accurate, they've been problematic. If I had a 18 or later I would NOT get the SeeLevel unless smartphone presentation of your tanks is of interest to you. I still probably would not do it UNLESS I was having an accuracy problem with the Newmar installed gauges.

I've spent hundreds in new SeeLevel sensor strips trying to get the black tank to read accurately, it still is way off, I typically have to double the percentage SeeLevel shows me. Now that I have my wet bay panel off I'm going to install 3 new SeeLevel strips right next to Newmars sensors as they are on the wet bay side of the coach and see how that works out. Should be more accurate due to tank design and presumed tilt towards the drains.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #9

So if I understand correctly Neal i will not be getting what i currently have the ď1/3-2/3 etcĒ but a better more accurate reading on a Ď19 DSDP, and forget the See Level.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:16 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vette View Post
So if I understand correctly Neal i will not be getting what i currently have the ď1/3-2/3 etcĒ but a better more accurate reading on a Ď19 DSDP, and forget the See Level.
Starting with the 2018's they have a different system that reads percentages in 5% increments. Hopefully in yours the software bugs will be worked out as some have had way inaccurate readings due to sensors that were too sensitive, the 18/19 owners can tell you better than I.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:29 AM   #11

I really like the SeeLevel system I added to my RV.

Bill111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vette View Post
To Neil's point below (you, above me), the new KIB system is a touch panel (unless DS moved to silverleaf, which I don't think they do) that gives 5% increments on Fresh, Black and Grey, plus shows volts on house and chassis battery).

Mine has been working fine, but a number of people have had major problems. Dump the black and it still shows 100% full, which also disables the macerator toilets (if you have those), as it relies on the KIB system rather than dedicated float cutoffs for the toilets. There are a number of threads explaining how to disable the toilet cutoff if you have tank sensor problems.

Again, mine has been working great so far. I had considered adding a separate seelevel (if I could confirm they wouldn't interfere) for two reasons. First, if the KIB messed up, I would have a second system. Second, I thought about putting the gauge in the wet bay, so I could monitor the black tank level if I was filling it up via the black flush to better clean it out.

tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gauges