Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2021, 08:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
That is indeed sad and bad for our nation. The work ethic and attitude that there is honor in work is not as common as it has always been and that asked us all more vulnerable. Thanks for that real world example.

It’s very sad. However it’s an easy fix. Unemployment is a stepping stone not a way of life. The amount one receives should barely be enough so that they are eager to find a job.

Pride of working and providing is gone
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2021, 11:52 AM   #44

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Do we know that this is really happening anywhere except in the lowest paid(fast food industry) jobs? I don’t know how any of it works, never have drawn an unemployment check in my life.
Unfortunately yes we do. I can testify that almost every one of the many manufacturers within a 100 mile radius of us are hiring and many are offering a $1500 bonus to those who are still there after 90 days, yet their HR departments are saying they're not getting enough people. I know the huge warehouse where my son works has hired people in their 60s and even a couple in their 70s.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
I don’t think that the last 9 posts have anything to do with DEF issues. This is not a political forum. Please stick to the thread subject.
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:56 PM   #46

DITTO
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:14 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqqest View Post
I don’t think that the last 9 posts have anything to do with DEF issues. This is not a political forum. Please stick to the thread subject.
I was tempted.....

On topic, I was thinking maybe it’s the Allison vs manual transmission aspect, because truckers say this works, and very few semi-trucks have automatic transmissions.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:39 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Exactly, in most of the forum posts I’ve been able to read, it seems that they are doing the transmission Speedo disconnect on a manual trans. It would be awesome though if it would really work on our Allison trans!
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:09 PM   #49

Shaw, who manufacters the part/heads for Spartan, is an ISO registered company through NQA, of which they have paid a lot of money to obtain and also spend a lot of money annually to maintain their certificate. Being they are registered to the newest standard, they have certain quality elements they have to abide to in order to stay registered, which is a very important deal for them.They also have to have internal audits of quality issues they have during the year and the audits are reported to the auditors for review, showing the number of quality issues and they have to show how they have addressed the problems that will be effective in correcting the problem.
On their web page they list their certificate, which also shows their certificate number. I suggest we all start calling NQA, quoting their certificate number, and bombard NQA with our problem with their product.
oldcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:14 PM   #50

Shaw Certification ISO 9001 2015 17878_11.23.19 (1) (1).pdf
Old 06-14-2021, 06:26 PM   #51

Shaw CertISO 9001 2015 17878_11.23.19 (1).pdf
Old 06-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #52

I'm trying to post a copy of a pdf file showing Shaws Certification. I'm doing something wrong
Old 06-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #53

Their certificate number is 17878 and they are due for an external audit before November. Now is the time to be calling NQA
Old 06-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #54

NQA's number is 800-649-5289
Old 06-14-2021, 06:58 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoon View Post
Shaw, who manufacters the part/heads for Spartan, is an ISO registered company through NQA, of which they have paid a lot of money to obtain and also spend a lot of money annually to maintain their certificate. Being they are registered to the newest standard, they have certain quality elements they have to abide to in order to stay registered, which is a very important deal for them.They also have to have internal audits of quality issues they have during the year and the audits are reported to the auditors for review, showing the number of quality issues and they have to show how they have addressed the problems that will be effective in correcting the problem.
On their web page they list their certificate, which also shows their certificate number. I suggest we all start calling NQA, quoting their certificate number, and bombard NQA with our problem with their product.

ISO doesn’t necessarily guarantee a quality product. As long as you adhere to your written standards / procedures, you can be certified. In other words, you can have a crappy product and still be ISO certified.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:07 PM   #56

I agree with you to the old standard. The latest standard though cleaned up a lot of what you are saying.
My point is no manufacturer wants a major finding against their audit, much less, having their cert pulled for not adhering to the current standards.

Tags
travel