Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Service Centers with Good Experience

There has been a lot of discussion in various threads regarding service for our Newmars, and I think it would be helpful to have a list that details good experience. Please list date of service, coach year, model, chassis, and what was done along with other information regarding the service. I will add mine in the next post.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
IState Truck Center in Billings, MT
July 20, 2018

I had a fan clutch fail while traveling. Called the freightliner hotline and was sent to Istate as the closest dealer. I arrived 7am on a Saturday and was on the road by Noon. The full story is here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402411

2013 Dutchstar with Freightliner chassis.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Service Centers with Good Experience

Excel Auto Group in Chester VA has served me well a few visits over the past year. My nearest FL service facility. Friendly staff. No appointments but I’ve had timelines for trips and they accommodated. RV friendly and large facility. Great place to get spare parts too.

Worked on tire vibration issues (I should have been directed to Michelin), LBCU replaced (done overnight) and VA state inspection.

FL/Gaffney - awesome all around. Tire vibration and annual service.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #4

Cummins Coach Care, Kansas City, MO

Chris Manes, Service Advisor, November, 2017
2004 MADP, 400ISL

I had a small engine oil leak. It did not loose a bunch of oil continuously but I was tired of it leaking. I made an appointment and got in on my appointment day for diagnosis. It was repaired the next day and I picked-up the unit the next morning. All communication was excellent and work and pricing was as promised. A very nice and clean repair facility compared to the KC Freightliner - Olathe, KS, where I took the rig for annual service in August. So....I'm taking the rig to CCC in August for its next annual service.

I also had an unexpected leveling jack repair in Nappanee last September. We had just stopped-by for the factory tour on our way to Michigan. It was the week before the rally in Sedalia, MO, and techs/service department were readying for the event. They got me diagnosed, fixed and on my way the next day only missing one day we had planned in Michigan. Great service for an emergency repair!
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
FYDA Freightliner of Cincinnati. Very honest dealer, great service
4B77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #6

Freightliner Knoxville

2015 Ventana 4369 - great service from the Knoxville Freightliner location.
TNBased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:27 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
RCD RV Supercenter in Pataskala Ohio (16 miles east of Columbus off I-70). When on the road my hydraulic line for the leveler system broke, they were able to get me in right away. Got there at about 1:30 pm and was out by 4:30 pm to get back on the road to NJ. They dispatched a driver to bring the old line to a place that makes them up about 15 minutes away. That place made the line and then it was brought back, installed, and checked. Cost was about $350.
RayDK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service