Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #1

Service manual for ISC 8.3

I'm having troubles with my dutch star starting up. It's an isc 8.3 cummins. I'm thinking it's a fuel issue but would like to look at a service manual. Anybody know of a pdf download?

Thanks
Jason
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
If you set up an account on https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html and enter your engine serial number you have access to all the manuals.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can also find many maintenance items of your DP in SPK64's MODE & maintenance section bottom of QT's # 3 first page.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #4

My info says 2003 8.3l ,was the last year for CAPS injector pumps .
( Cummins Accumulator Pump System ) and the start of HPCR . ( High Pressure Common Rail ).
I have a document that's too large to post here in the forums , that has info on both , let me know if you don't get the info you need from Quick Serve .

Most common CAPS issue is air in the system due to fuel leak at the primmer pump ( bad gaskets ) the pump will leak fuel when it cycles ( 30 secs after key on then allow air into the system when the cycle times out .
CAPS injector pump , picture one .
Spot to look for fuel leak , picture two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAPS-Pump.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	331224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel manifod Cummins.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	331225  

Old 06-07-2021, 01:44 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I downloaded a complete service manual off the Cummins Quickserve site along with a lot of other information.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:40 AM   #6

Thanks

So I was able to finally figure out the quickserve. It seems to be working, I just prefer being able to scroll and key word search in pdf format. This will work though. Also going to follow up with all your advice. Thanks for the replies.

Just to update everyone... I figured this was an air in fuel issue. Could hear the lift pump gurgling. Prime and change filter and it would start, but the problems would not go away for long. I just tightened some mounting bolts on the lift pump, and it doesn't make the gargling noises anymore. Plus when I put on a psi guages at the filter to monitor psi, it's a solid 15 for as long as the pump runs. When I remove the guages, unlike before, the line still has fuel. So I think air is now the problem. Hopefully it's just a case of bleeding the fuel supply to the caps. I'll find out this weekend. Thanks

Tags
manual, service