Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #1

Service, where?

So, we have a scheduled trip to Newmar service center to take care of a few warranty issues we have been having for several months. Biggest being electrical. Seemed to had gotten worse when our dealer service department found that the battery disconnected button wasn't working. They said it was fixed but we have a problems ever since. Battery showing charged but things shutting down. We were having body work done and the RV mechanic noticed stairs didn't deploy. He looked and said batteries were fried and for some reason it was constantly charging. Says there is definitely an electrical issue somewhere. Batteries should not be on constant charge and no way should batteries burn up in a year. Leaving to Newmar end of October but concerned if RV will make be fine on 12 hour trip.

UPDATE: talking with Newmar they said this needs to be diagnosed ASAP could be converter and/or battery issue. Recommend local center. I told them this has been going on for a while and I would rather have them work on it. Had bad experience at dealer service last time. I'm assuming if they are pressing needs to be diagnosed now I maybe forced to go local?

2018 Baystar 3414 purchased June 2018
micbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #2

Just curious...who is the dealer?
almostready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:06 AM   #3

Dylan's
Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My biggest worry would be a fire, I'm sure Newmar is in that corner as well. get them to authorize a different repair facility to verify it is safe to travel before venturing over to Nappanee. I agree with you that the factory is where you need to be, just don't want to see you have issues getting there.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
My biggest worry would be a fire, I'm sure Newmar is in that corner as well. get them to authorize a different repair facility to verify it is safe to travel before venturing over to Nappanee. I agree with you that the factory is where you need to be, just don't want to see you have issues getting there.
Thanks! You nailed it. Exactly Newmar's response. Wanted me to find any local RV repair shop to diagnose issue to make sure we are safe. They will authorize it. Then come to Newmar to finish other warranty issues.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:54 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great, safety first! They will take care of you at the factory. We did CPU when we got our coach, and left feeling very confident in the rig. Just got back from an upgrade to the electrical system (AGS) and some warranty work. Again they did a great job. Have some work scheduled in March and will look to close out our warranty work then as well. Cheers, John
Old 09-29-2019, 09:16 PM   #7

Service, where?

We are at the Phoenix NIRVC location(old one, the new building is far from ready) and thought we would add a few pictures of the beautiful, huge new facility with a lot of outside and inside room for coaches. The move won’t happen any too soon as they are busting at the seams in the present facility. Cowboy and his top notch team will soon have a new top notch facility and great service will have the capacity to service even more of our coaches. Great to have big new service centers available at various locations across the country.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1776.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	701.9 KB
ID:	261880Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3024.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	261881Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3021.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	459.1 KB
ID:	261882Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1777.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	671.5 KB
ID:	261884
Old 10-01-2019, 03:28 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
We are at the Phoenix NIRVC location(old one, the new building is far from ready) and thought we would add a few pictures of the beautiful, huge new facility with a lot of outside and inside room for coaches. The move won’t happen any too soon as they are busting at the seams in the present facility. Cowboy and his top notch team will soon have a new top notch facility and great service will have the capacity to service even more of our coaches. Great to have big new service centers available at various locations across the country.
Attachment 261880Attachment 261881Attachment 261882Attachment 261884
certainly does look impressive. do you know if NIRV only services customers that bought a coach from them? ~thanks
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:55 PM   #9

Service, where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhound View Post
certainly does look impressive. do you know if NIRV only services customers that bought a coach from them? ~thanks

NO, their business model is high quality service, indoor storage with 50 amp power and sales, in that order. So even if you did not buy from them they will get you in as quickly as they can and they save a few slots for people on the road with emergencies. A great model for us owners for sure.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:28 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Any update, make it in ok?

j
Old 10-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #11

Newmar seamed proud of their 20 plus week lead time when I ask for service...
Old 10-06-2019, 02:12 AM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Interesting. Perhaps it depends on the type of repair? I have an interior buckled wall I need repaired and they told me I could pick anytime in Nov or Dec.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
Any update, make it in ok?

j
Sorry for delayed reply. We are scheduled to leave for Newmar October 27th. Newmar was concerned with us driving out with electrical/battery issue so they allowed us to go to a local RV shop that wasn't a Newmar shop. So we took it back to guys that noticed battery issue. Sure enough they determined converter was bad. Newmar replaced that and all 4 batteries! Happy about that. Hopefully should be nice drive to Newmar for the final warranty repairs.

Tags
service