Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #1

Service Work

Any thoughts on service work performed by Coachlight or Freedom RV?

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #2

Freedom RV in Tucson, AZ? (I've also seen one somewhere else.) I would highly recommend them, their service department is the only one we have found in our 6 or so years of RVing that we trust completely and totally.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Freedom RV - Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Lizards View Post
Freedom RV in Tucson, AZ? (I've also seen one somewhere else.) I would highly recommend them, their service department is the only one we have found in our 6 or so years of RVing that we trust completely and totally.
+1 for Freedom RV in Tucson.
Mainuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
What service are you talking about? Newmar service on the body, Cummins on the engine, or Freightliner on chassis, all depends on your coach and what service you want. I have used Freedom RV in Tucson for Newmar repairs, and was really happy with them.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #5

We are on our third coach and always go to CoachLight!. They don't do chassis or engine but can refer you to those nearby. Class work and friendly people.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #6
gy1

We also use Coachlight, always a good experience. Even with a unit that wasn't purchased there. We're on our 2nd unit which was purchased at Coachlight. There's an authorized Spartan Service Center about an hour away in Big Cabin, OK, Cabin Diesel. Both have their own RV park with full hook ups.
gy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMertens View Post
What service are you talking about? Newmar service on the body, Cummins on the engine, or Freightliner on chassis, all depends on your coach and what service you want. I have used Freedom RV in Tucson for Newmar repairs, and was really happy with them.

Residential Refrigerator has stopped cooling and we cannot find anyone to work on it. As soon as we say motorhome they tell us NO.

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #8

+1 for Freedom RV in Tucson. The work they did was good. There were a couple of things they said were done but obviously weren't. I'd ask that the tech accompanies the service advisor during the walk through.
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
To: Msy4us,

We went to the February Newmar lunch in Fort Myers, where they had an RV repairman from the area make a presentation. Among other things covered he stated that RV tech are not covered to make repairs to Residential appliances and manufacture tech are not allowed to work in RV's.

He suggested that you might try taking the appliance out of the RV and then the manufacturer's tech could work on it. He also thought that this is something the RV Builders should address before the load the market with things that can't be serviced.

Some other points brought up were that for many of the larger appliances, windows have to be removed to allow removal and replacement. Also many Home-style appliances are not designed to take the pounding while operating over the road

I hope they get their acts straightened out soon.

Tom
2003Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On our previous coach the freezer was cooling but not the top we called Mr. Appliace. They came to the RV Park and the fan in the top of fridge had stopped working because it was in a bind got it straighten up and no more problems. Easy fix if I had known that was the problem I could fixed it myself. Call me and I can tell you how to do it.
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003Mountain View Post
To: Msy4us,

We went to the February Newmar lunch in Fort Myers, where they had an RV repairman from the area make a presentation. Among other things covered he stated that RV tech are not covered to make repairs to Residential appliances and manufacture tech are not allowed to work in RV's.

He suggested that you might try taking the appliance out of the RV and then the manufacturer's tech could work on it. He also thought that this is something the RV Builders should address before the load the market with things that can't be serviced.

Some other points brought up were that for many of the larger appliances, windows have to be removed to allow removal and replacement. Also many Home-style appliances are not designed to take the pounding while operating over the road

I hope they get their acts straightened out soon.

Tom
Perhaps manufacturer repairmen should be allowed on case by case . Seems silly to me. In the case of a residential fridge, there should always room to pull them out and repair in the rv. I understand the hesitation with removal etc from the RV. Some service industries are so afraid to step outside the norm.

Tags
service