Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #1

Sewer hose storage

All right some how I lost the sewer hose storage door, I arrived at the campground and the door it’s gone broke right off I guess, so my question is do you know if Newmar will sell me one painted? Or the coach has to be there for that? Thanks

Zzotte
zzotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2021, 05:55 PM   #2

It's unlikely, they will paint it for you.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:40 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I read some people brought a storage/baggage door to an auto paint and body shop to match the coach paint.
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:33 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
If it's a solid color, no stripes or other colors going through it, Newmar might paint it. If it has more than one color, you'll need to have it done locally to line up the stripes.

Some thoughts.....maybe paint it black or have it chromed if it becomes an issue.

You can also get the part, give it and your color code to a local shop and let them spray it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:04 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
You might try a RV salvage place. They may have one already the same color. You'd be surprised what you can get from them. Colawrvsalvage.com is my favorite place.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar will provide paint color codes so you can match the color
Old 10-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
You might try a RV salvage place. They may have one already the same color. You'd be surprised what you can get from them. Colawrvsalvage.com is my favorite place.

Their number is 877 548 2125
Old 10-21-2021, 01:33 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
All right some how I lost the sewer hose storage door, I arrived at the campground and the door it’s gone broke right off I guess, so my question is do you know if Newmar will sell me one painted? Or the coach has to be there for that? Thanks

Zzotte
Paint codes should be on your cabinet door.

They make Black, Chrome, Carbon Fiber doors as well. Just need to match up the size. Maybe add a Newmar Logo on a Black or Carbon Fiber gas door for a custom look. Lot's of possibilities.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:24 PM   #9
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The day I was driving my new coach home from the dealer, I saw the sewer door in my side mirror flopping in the wind. I went to the hardware store and bought a new latch with a lock. Kind of silly to lock the sewer hose but haven't had a problem with the door since.

My 2017 has a paint swirl running through the cover.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:38 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The problem with that door is that if you wash the coach or brush up against it, you can easily unlock it. I like the idea of adding a lock.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:41 AM   #11

Procrastination really bites you, I so it coming
I wanted to put a lock on it, well the new one will, I’m sure it’s going to be a pain to replace the lid which it’s not just the lid the whole assembly needs replacing with the frame around also in different colors $5 lock vs $1000 for sewer lid crap ( literally) :(

Zzotte
zzotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:25 AM   #12

Adding a lock just made it to my winter to do list. I store an extra length of sewer hose in mine & have only opened it a few times in 6 years. I marvel at how flimsy & light duty the whole set up is.
twojayhawks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:50 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
After finding my door opened while traveling I put a lock on mine. I have two keys hanging on separate cup hooks in the wet bay. It seems a bit silly and does require an extra step to access the door but it has not come open in 3 years now.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Broke mine off by slamming the storage bin door when the hose door was all the way open. Newmar sell replacement doors, but it is the whole door assembly, and you need to get both sides painted. I bit the bullet and had my RV repair and body shop paint it. It was a couple hundred dollars, but it looks original.

Tags
hose, storage