Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #1

Should I be concerned

As I wait for my coach to be built the more anxious I get and concerned on making sure I do everything to make sure I don't miss anything. I had talked with my dealer about PDI process and option of staying over night to workout any concerns before leaving. Their response:
. "We cannot do overnights here at the dealership any longer due to liability and insurance reasons but there are local campgrounds we can arrange an overnight stay so you are still local."

So I follow-up again (month and half later) asking about the over night stay and got this response: "great idea to stay local and use the coach in case you need any repairs or adjustments and there are several local camp grounds but we do not put anyone up in a campground. The owner has let customer stay a night at the dealership before and we could probably do a night here but our volume in the summer would not allow multiple nights stay."

Confused with different response and not sure if I can trust process. Haven't received response back asking about contradictive statements so I'm hoping they will clear up my confusion and ease my mind. Am I being overly concerned?
micbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #2

I'd check off the overly concerned box. Does the location where you'll be able to test the coach matter? All you have to do is stay a night somewhere and report any concerns the next day.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #3

Factory pick-up, at least 5 days of checking out the coach, getting things squared away, getting instructions on how to operate things; priceless.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
I'd check off the overly concerned box. Does the location where you'll be able to test the coach matter? All you have to do is stay a night somewhere and report any concerns the next day.
It doesn't, just concerned about contradiction. But I guess your correct. If their able to arrange stay on site rather then first stated at beginning then great. Worried another month down road it changes again to possibly you have 15 mins to go over things. LOL
Old 12-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Where are you and who's the dealer is he anyone of these listed in this thread.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
Factory pick-up, at least 5 days of checking out the coach, getting things squared away, getting instructions on how to operate things; priceless.
That was part of follow up with dealer. He was supposed find out how much extra time would be added to delivery if went with factory pickup. Still haven't gotten answer other then it's an additional 4600. Which I knew and they were going deduct the 995 PDI dealer charge. That would have made it 3600. But no mention of this in recent email. Worried this has changed as well.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #7
tcg

I probablly wouldn't be too concerned but there is a solution.

Hi, I just spent a crap ton of money at your dealership, I would like to meet with the owner to alleviate my concerns.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Just wait until you have to go to "your dealer" for some repair work.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #9

Question Right coach, wrong dealer...?

Any dealer that is worth a damn will know that ALL, yes, ALL RV's have a few issues with the PDI/delivery. If they have half a brain they will know that it is far better to catch them immediately and address them in a timely, professional manner. if they are not interested in doing so you are at the wrong dealer.... Run Forrest Run.
Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a owners guide for your coach and the Newmar PDI Form is in the other link I gave you.
In QT's # 3 there is a BS Section for information as to possible problems the BS may have that other owners ran into and on the forum there are threads that will apply to things in your coach to be that you need to know.
All the links below in my signature will have info for your Newmar.
When you get through all this reading you will know more than your dealer so do not let them try to snow you.
Enjoy the forum and welcome to the Newmar family.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The day I picked up my unit, the dealer scheduled a follow-up appointment 60 days out for repair of any issues.

Good process.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3946458]Where are you and who's the dealer is he anyone of these listed in this [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newmar-corp-2018-models-and-other-items-plus-newmar-country-11765.html
thread.[/URL][/B]
I'm in Virginia, the dealer isn't mentioned in any of the threads you mentioned. But I vaguely remember you having a link to list of dealers with review ratings. Haven't been able to locate again. I'm going to give them a chance to respond to my concern. Hopefully I'm just over thinking this. Will update when I hear back
Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I stayed at the dealer for four days getting the punch list I created my first night there taken care of. IMHO I'd get where you are staying and the possibility of extra nights all squared away before the PDI.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by micbob4 View Post
I'm in Virginia, the dealer isn't mentioned in any of the threads you mentioned. But I vaguely remember you having a link to list of dealers with review ratings. Haven't been able to locate again. I'm going to give them a chance to respond to my concern. Hopefully I'm just over thinking this. Will update when I hear back
Must be McGeorge, now Camping World