Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2021, 07:29 PM   #1

Shout Out-Velocity Truck Center Tolleson, AZ

Learned about them here on this forum. Great experience, Kirk Ault was great to deal with, and it was so nice to visit a freightliner center that catered to RV's. They certainly live up to what their "Oasis" designation is supposed to be. Stayed overnight with full hookup, had some recall work done, and was on my way earlier than expected. Thank you Kirk and the Velocity team!
Schak3536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2021, 09:06 PM   #2

Absolutely agree. They have done all the warranty and service work for my 2016 DSDP for the past 4 years.

I call in advance and schedule an appointment. I arrive the day before and overnight in their full hookup RV parking. I turn it over the next morning at 6:30 am and am usually on my way by 3:00 pm the same day. If the service or warranty work requires more than 1 day I either have the option to stay with the coach another night or leave it and return when the work is complete.

I’ve never had a problem with their work. It’s always been right the first time.
ftharrisiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:08 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Nice to know....the Velocity in Oxnard California, sucks! They could care less about RV's and your not treated well unless you stay on top of everything they do. They have no secure parking and ask that you leave your coach, unsecured, in an industrial area in a crummy part of town.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Nice to know....the Velocity in Oxnard California, sucks! They could care less about RV's and your not treated well unless you stay on top of everything they do. They have no secure parking and ask that you leave your coach, unsecured, in an industrial area in a crummy part of town.
It is definitely case by case. Velocity Truck Centers also owns the Las Vegas Freightliner dealership. Similar performance to Oxnard. That's why I drive 300 miles (one way) to get my coach serviced in Tolleson, AZ.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:40 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftharrisiii View Post
It is definitely case by case. Velocity Truck Centers also owns the Las Vegas Freightliner dealership. Similar performance to Oxnard. That's why I drive 300 miles (one way) to get my coach serviced in Tolleson, AZ.
Yeah.... I may make a trip out of going to Cummins Coach Care in Oregon, just to get the parameters on my engine brake/cruise control settings changed.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #6

Velocity in Tucson is very good. They also have RV hookups, and service and repair many RVs. They do not accept appointments, only first come first served. I get my PM service done there, much cheaper than RV dealerships and service centers.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftharrisiii View Post
Absolutely agree. They have done all the warranty and service work for my 2016 DSDP for the past 4 years.

I call in advance and schedule an appointment. I arrive the day before and overnight in their full hookup RV parking. I turn it over the next morning at 6:30 am and am usually on my way by 3:00 pm the same day. If the service or warranty work requires more than 1 day I either have the option to stay with the coach another night or leave it and return when the work is complete.

I’ve never had a problem with their work. It’s always been right the first time.
Did you have to reserve the RV site when you made the appointment?
LDK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK1 View Post
Did you have to reserve the RV site when you made the appointment?
No. The sites are not assigned. You take the first empty site you see. In 5 years of having service work done here I have not had a single instance where a site was not available. As I stated in an earlier post, I always have an appointment and always show up late in the afternoon of the day before. So far a site has always been available.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:43 PM   #9

Kirk Ault is very experienced and highly competent. I've done business with him for many years and rarely had an issue.

Good news for him, not-so-good news all of us, when I stopped in to say hello a few weeks ago he told me he's planning to retire at the end of this year (2022). We should hope his replacement is equally good.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 02:18 PM   #10

I drive from San Diego to Tolleson because they take appointments and do great work. I will be there again in about a week.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:32 PM   #11

I had my DEF head replaced there, and the service was exemplary. The manager explained that when he identified a good mechanic in the truck side, he poached them for the RV side. If only the Oxnard Velocity was worth a darn.