Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 09:39 PM   #1

Shower H2O Pressure when on HOT

Well I asked this earlier this year and many folks responded with remove the filter in the valve. Well my 2018 MADP has a ZURN mixing valve and there is no filter to clean or remove (replaced anyways). During our summer trip which included a stop at factory we were having this same issue which self corrected on our way to Factory. The issue is little to no flow out of Shower when on HOT and the water temp is Luke warm at best, but at same time all other faucets have good water pressure and HOT water is HOT. The shower has great pressure if you want to take a COLD shower. Any advice on where to start? Takes very long to take a shower on LUKE Warm HOT setting in the shower. Thank you

Also had annual service done on Oasis when at Factory this summer.
Hmf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2021, 11:52 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
What happens when you turn it to the wand.....same thing? I know at one time I knew what the square knob did, but have never turned it, since new. Does changing the position of the square knob make any difference?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:25 AM   #3

We use it on the hand wand only, little to no psi when shower handle turned fully to hot, but excellent psi when barely cracked from off to cold. Just weird the further up the hot side It goes the water just trickles out. Did the same thing earlier in summer and after a few days it corrected itself and worked great. Now after 2 months of not using back to trickle on hot.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:16 AM   #4

The square knob does change the flow on my coach.

Iím throwing this out there for consideration. I had low to no flow in my kitchen faucet when I first bought the coach. I took all the aerators off all the faucets and ran the water. I checked all the screens in the aerators. Still intermittent flow at times. With winter approaching I got the air compressor out to blow out my water lines. 50 psi and I start the process of blowing all the lines. I noticed again that not getting much water coming out of the kitchen faucet. Once again I removed all the aerators in the coach as well as the shower head and wand head. Opened up each faucet again and out of the kitchen faucet came wet saw dust, metal shavings and small pieces of wood. When I flushed the toilets with the air pressure I had more small pieces of debris coming from the water holes around the rim.

Obviously, I was less than happy that I had debris in my water lines. Of course I disinfect my tanks several times a year so at least we were drinking water through clean debris. 😳

Anyways, this solved my problem.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:11 AM   #5

I have the exact same problem except on cold water - not hot. All other faucets are fine except the shower. I've replaced the mixing valve and cleaned the shower head (although hot water flows just fine). Not sure what else to do....
Guy_from_SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:48 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
One other thing that has caused this issue in the past. If the shower in the wet bay valves are turned on and the water is turned off at the shower head, it can cause hot water issues. Make sure the wet bay shower valves are both off.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:47 AM   #7

Thanks for input don, I checked and the outside shower valves and wand are in the off position. I'm thinking the Zurn pressure balancing mixing valve may have gone bad again. I say this as the psi on HOT even with H2O pump on is poor, bt cold is full power. Beyond that the HOT is basically mildly warm and is just barely above a cold shower, yet the bath sinks will almost burn you in comparison. I'll try a new valve and if that doesn't work I'll try and get in in somewhere close to home and have them figure it out.

Tags
shower