Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2022, 01:50 PM   #1

Shower Leak in Ventana

Looking for help with my 2019 ventana. I have had a leak from the bottom of my shower coming on to the bathroom tile floor since day one of purchasing the unit. We had it serviced twice and they added more silicone around the shower area but no luck. Newmar stated it may be a plumbing issue behind the walls. I have seen on this site where someone had a similar issue and accessed the plumbing by going into the wall behind the mirror. I am looking for help how to access this area without tearing up my coach. HELP
Looking for a possible diagram of the plumbing and how to get to it without damaging my coach.
bsjones11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2022, 05:36 PM   #2

Some coach manufacturers consider pulling the panel off the wall as the way to access whatever is behind it. May be what you have to do to get to shower drain pipes.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:45 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
If you've had this problem since day one, and it's documented, then Newmar should step up and fix it.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:05 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjones11 View Post
Looking for help with my 2019 ventana. I have had a leak from the bottom of my shower coming on to the bathroom tile floor since day one of purchasing the unit. We had it serviced twice and they added more silicone around the shower area but no luck. Newmar stated it may be a plumbing issue behind the walls. I have seen on this site where someone had a similar issue and accessed the plumbing by going into the wall behind the mirror. I am looking for help how to access this area without tearing up my coach. HELP
Looking for a possible diagram of the plumbing and how to get to it without damaging my coach.
Have no idea what model you have! On the 4369 and others you access the shower pan from the bedroom. You unbolt the furnace heat exchanger and you can then access the shower drain and HEPCO duck bill valve. Leakage is common here because these are compression fittings.
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:15 AM   #5

We had a similar issue when our 2020 Ventana was new. I added some caulk, but occasionally we would see water show up on the floor by the door.

I added an extension to the rain shower head, one to make it a little easier to get under it, but mainly it helped the water from spraying towards the shower door. Since adding the extension, we have not seen any water outside the shower.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We also had water on the floor from the beginning but Newmar fixed it at our warranty visit and it has never leaked again. I know they said it was tricky as I believe they ended up removing the panel of the shower nearest the leak. I don’t think it is in the wall as I would think it would run down and eventually drip outside.

I agree you should open the heater vent under the shower and take a peak. I check under there annually anyway since I want to make sure the drain does. Or leak…

You may end up removing the shower walls and reinstalling them with new caulk…depending on the type of shower you have.
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:59 AM   #7

You can look near the heat exchanger like already mentioned. If you want to really see what going on you have to pull the mirror and cut an access’s hole to see. You can leave it open and put the mirror back up. And you can reach out to newmar for any diagrams they have.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 12:09 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
You can look near the heat exchanger like already mentioned. If you want to really see what going on you have to pull the mirror and cut an access’s hole to see. You can leave it open and put the mirror back up. And you can reach out to newmar for any diagrams they have.
OR you can have Newmar or NIRVC fix it under warranty if it’s documented as pre existing
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 12:11 PM   #9

Thanks Clemson. NIRVC can definitely assist you with this.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, shower