Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #1

Side Lights

I recently purchased a 2008 Kountry Star and am in the process of learning the ins and outs. The one dilemma I have is the side lights. there are two on each side and have tried every switch but they remain off. I figuresd out the two upper ones are security. any help would be great. By the way it is a much nicer coach than the last one I had.
djnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2018, 04:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
See if they come on with the turn signals. Could be side turn signal lights, not marker lights.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don’t have those on my ‘02DS, so I’m guessing here, but they may be the so-called parking lights. If there’s no switch they may be wired into the backup light circuit.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #4

What color are they?

If they're amber, they're turn indicator lights. If they're white they're "Docking Lights."

If they're the white Docking lights, there's probably a large illuminated rocker switch on your center console labeled "Dock Lights". Flip it and see what happens.

I have a 2008 KSDP. It has two white docking lights on each side -- one forward, one near the back. When you flip that switch, all four should come on. One of mine is dead, and it's not the bulb. My dead one is just under the diesel fuel filler on the passenger side -- and it's greasy and dirty. I suspect diesel fuel has seeped into the connectors and ruined something. I tested the plug with the dock lights on, and this one shows no voltage. So I've got a wiring/connection problem somewhere for that light.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #5

Are these the lights you're talking about? If so, these are the "Docking Lights." There's a switch for them on the center console.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8657_8_9_Enhancer-Recovered-1080.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	215227
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-15-2018, 08:25 PM   #6

Yes those are the lights. I saw them on when I picked up the coach. I'll be damed if I can find the switch. Will look again in the AM and repost. Thanks everyone for the quick replies.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 PM   #7

It's one of these circled switches. I can't remember which one, but it's clearly labeled "Dock Lights" (or something very similar).
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8480_1_2_Smooth-dash switches-1080.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	215247
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-16-2018, 06:31 AM   #8

x2 on what Woody said for the docking light switch.

My passenger side scare lights are controlled by a switch above the door where my other controls are like slide, water heater, tv amp power, etc. There is another switch on the end wall of the slide - right above the arm of the coach, that controls the scare lights on the driver side.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #9

Found it. If it was any more obvious
Old 08-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #10

Now I'm waiting for you to ask where the basement storage master light switch is. That's the one that really threw me -- even though the previous owner had shown it to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #11

the basement one was easy. right by the door as you exit. I switched all the bulbs to led and made sure they were in the off position. As for those docking lights already switched to led. Much brighter.. I am in the process of putting led lights everywhere. The only ones that will take a back burner is the fluorescent ones will do a couple at a time as they are pricey. Even though it is a used coach it is miles above the last one I had.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnash View Post
As for those docking lights already switched to led. Much brighter..
You switched your docking lights to L.E.D.? Does that mean you replaced the entire light fixtures? I looked into doing that on mine and discovered they're sealed. So I can't just replace the incandescent bulbs with L.E.D. bulbs. I'll have to replace all four entire light fixtures.

If that's what you did, which ones did you get?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Docking lights to L.E.D.???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyS View Post
You switched your docking lights to L.E.D.? Does that mean you replaced the entire light fixtures? I looked into doing that on mine and discovered they're sealed. So I can't just replace the incandescent bulbs with L.E.D. bulbs. I'll have to replace all four entire light fixtures.

If that's what you did, which ones did you get?

Also looking for replacement for docking lights to L.E.D.???
Old 10-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been looking for replacement led also. So far the sealed ones have all looked different.

Tags
light, lights