Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre View Post
I will mention the sensor to Newmar when I visit the factory in September.

I the five visits to the dealer, the distribution box was checked for leaks, the duct work was wrapped with insulated material, duct connections were checked on the distribution box and couple of leaks found and repaired, and connections to the vent were check for leaks. Also, insulation in the void areas was added.

I see you own a 2018 Ventana like us, only a larger model. I also see you are from Naples, Florida. I assume that the dash is the same as ours. I take it that you have never had a sweating issue. True? By the way, sweating does not only occur in Florida.

The dealer did mention that they do see other new coaches that sweat. Usually the fixes are simple and after repaired, there are to other issues.

By the way, I had a 2016 SOB on a Ford Chassis. The Ford was great, the coach was awful. Anyway, the A/C felts a little cooler that my current coach and there were not signs of sweating.

We just got back from the Keys and had the dash air going the whole time down and back. No sweating at all. Not even at the vent openings. I switch between recirc and fresh air all the time. (Just like some fresh air in the coach)
Yours is a curious issue, that is causing great angst. It seems that everyone is doing there utmost to solve the problem. We see the effects, it’s the cause that mystifies. Wish I could be more help.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #44
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTNaples View Post
We just got back from the Keys and had the dash air going the whole time down and back. No sweating at all. Not even at the vent openings. I switch between recirc and fresh air all the time. (Just like some fresh air in the coach)
Yours is a curious issue, that is causing great angst. It seems that everyone is doing there utmost to solve the problem. We see the effects, it’s the cause that mystifies. Wish I could be more help.
Actually you have helped. You live in Florida have 2018 Ventana that does not have this issue. I have spoken to the dealer about members on this forum that have coaches like mine and who are not experiencing this problem. I believe this just supports my claim.

While the dealer, Newmar and Evans seem to be onboard in resolving this issue, something appears to be broken between them in their ability to determining what's wrong and getting it fixed. Six attempts an now a seventh at the factory in September is excessive. I just hope that that the inability to come together is not self serving on a given party's part but an honest oversight. My own worklife experience makes me think this as I have witnessed things like this. I also had multiple parties involved in resolving an issue in a previous SOB. In that case, it involved who was financially responsible.

What does worry me is that Indiana in September are cool. Therefore there may be not real way of testing a fix. I just hope that the factory after they have taken a stab at repair, that the problem doesn't rear its ugly head as we head into warmer and more humid climates.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #45

Quote:
Actually you have helped. You live in Florida have 2018 Ventana that does not have this issue. I have spoken to the dealer about members on this forum that have coaches like mine and who are not experiencing this problem. I believe this just supports my claim.

While the dealer, Newmar and Evans seem to be onboard in resolving this issue, something appears to be broken between them in their ability to determining what's wrong and getting it fixed. Six attempts an now a seventh at the factory in September is excessive. I just hope that that the inability to come together is not self serving on a given party's part but an honest oversight. My own worklife experience makes me think this as I have witnessed things like this. I also had multiple parties involved in resolving an issue in a previous SOB. In that case, it involved who was financially responsible.

What does worry me is that Indiana in September are cool. Therefore there may be not real way of testing a fix. I just hope that the factory after they have taken a stab at repair, that the problem doesn't rear its ugly head as we head into warmer and more humid climates.

One last thought. I’m wondering if there might not be an air leak from the bottom floor under the dash? Or possibly you are leaking warm air into the area from the dash or he Oasis system without anything being activated. The reason I postulate this, you have to have a warm air intrusion to have the cold air cause that much condensation. I had a leaking heater hose in a van that was causing condensation to form at the a/c vents and rain down onto the carpet.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #46
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTNaples View Post
One last thought. I’m wondering if there might not be an air leak from the bottom floor under the dash? Or possibly you are leaking warm air into the area from the dash or he Oasis system without anything being activated. The reason I postulate this, you have to have a warm air intrusion to have the cold air cause that much condensation. I had a leaking heater hose in a van that was causing condensation to form at the a/c vents and rain down onto the carpet.
Thanks, I will mention that to them. I don't know what is happening behind the dash regarding condensate, but I neglected to say that the condensate buildup on the exterior part of the dash shown in the pictures at the beginning of this topic is less. However though there is less, it still requires correction.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:35 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, that will probably be a problem. Our coach has always had condensation from the air conditioner in really hot weather. Apparently it pools up on some horizontal surface as we drive, then when I accelerate from a stop it comes pouring down on my right foot! Since I drive in sandals in hot weather, it’s really cold!

Took it to Nappanee three times (March, December, and April) and they never could replicate the problem. The representative from Evans couldn’t have been less helpful. He just said keep it on recirculate, and if needed, run the coach air conditioners to lower the humidity level inside the coach.

I believe there is a leak in the ductwork under the dash, but getting to it would be a nightmare. Newmar has generally been great, but not on this problem.
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #48
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardSimmons View Post
Yes, that will probably be a problem. Our coach has always had condensation from the air conditioner in really hot weather. Apparently it pools up on some horizontal surface as we drive, then when I accelerate from a stop it comes pouring down on my right foot! Since I drive in sandals in hot weather, it’s really cold!

Took it to Nappanee three times (March, December, and April) and they never could replicate the problem. The representative from Evans couldn’t have been less helpful. He just said keep it on recirculate, and if needed, run the coach air conditioners to lower the humidity level inside the coach.

I believe there is a leak in the ductwork under the dash, but getting to it would be a nightmare. Newmar has generally been great, but not on this problem.
What year and model do you have?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:08 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
What year and model do you have?
Sorry, I thought it showed up in my signature area. 2018 New Aire 3343.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #50
mre

Quote:
Sorry, I thought it showed up in my signature area. 2018 New Aire 3343.
Gee, kind of weakens my faith in factory repairs. What is your next step in resolving your issue?
Old 06-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
I suspect I will surrender and live with it. In April I was there for a week and a half - many items on the list. The Evans rep never showed up to look at it. The massage is clear.

I am no longer willing to spend my time arguing with others. It’s not right, but its the least painful path. Someone, somewhere at Evans can celebrate saving a few bucks.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #52
mre

Quote:
I suspect I will surrender and live with it. In April I was there for a week and a half - many items on the list. The Evans rep never showed up to look at it. The massage is clear.

I am no longer willing to spend my time arguing with others. It’s not right, but its the least painful path. Someone, somewhere at Evans can celebrate saving a few bucks.
That was very well said but none the less a very sad commentary on all those involved in the repair process. It's a shame that customers spend a considerable amount of money then forced to live with the problem that is repairable.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 AM   #53

Dutch Star moisture from AC vents

2018 Dutch Star, I have been driving north from Florida in very high humidity. I experienced water coming from all dash vents twice, once in So Carolina and again yesterday in No Carolina. The first time it even dripped under my feet making the floor slippery. I turned the AC on recirc but I think the vents were too soaked for the problem to stop. I then started the roof air and the problem deminished. Yesterday I started getting a small amount of moisture from the vents but arrived soon after so I wasn't able to troubleshoot it. Evap drain is clear but the coils were soaked when I looked at them.

RVing and Diving this great country
rvdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:30 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Not the same level of condensation, but if we run on recirc, I get a moist tile floor under drivers feet, closer to accelerator. If I turn of recirc, it dry's up and goes away. I figure cold air hitting warm surface. Sometimes the a/c is cold, sometimes if not as cold. Not impressed with reports from other owners Evans is not responsive, and my guess is Newmar does not want to take the dashboard apart to figure out the issue, it's that or buy it back from me, because it aint working like it should, find the issue and fix it, or give me my money back, and if it goes to lawyer, things get considerably worse for all. Keep smiling, and hopefully this will get fixed.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you run your ac with fan on low speed and recirc (aka: max) you will eventually freeze up your system causing ice. You should cycle the ac off and let it defrost.

I keep an ac thermometer in one vent. When the air is working properly I get temps of 35F. If this climbs to 45F, I either increase fan speed, turn off recirc, or turn off ac pump.

We recently traveled in 100F temps and kept all 3 roof air on. Minimal use of dash air and this worked to keep it cool and fuel mileage improved.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I didn't read the whole thread but is the clear drain line inside the hood area clean?
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, dash, vent