RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #1

SilverLeaf Cockpit Integration

I have never seen a New Aire in person. I made a decision to buy based on Newmar website documentation and several on line walk through videos posted to YouTube by several dealers.

As deliver day approaches I continue to work through any documentation I can find about the coach and related systems. For a coach with so many advanced features the documentation is clearly lagging.

SilverLeaf has been in some luxury coaches for several years, so thank goodness there are a few on forum with real life experience with the systems.

I recently discovered what appears to be a SilverLeaf cockpit selector control. I saw it flash by in a couple of videos but the folks in the videos never mentioned the control. There is no mention of this control in the SilverLeaf documentation I have been able to find.

In another video I discovered what appears to be engine information which is overlaid the external video camera panel in the NewAire. Other videos have shown the same display with coach environment data over the camera and coach electrical status information overlaid on the external camera images.

Here is one overlay showing engine status information in the New Aire. It is very hard to read. I blew the image up and was able to read some of print as follows:

Quote:
Retarder 0 pct (no idea what that means)
INST MPG 0 mpg
FUEL LEVEL 26 PCT
DEF TEMP 104 degF
TRANS IN 99 rpms

0 mtg (miles to go?)
0 gtg (gallons to go?)
ETA 1:10PM
1751 mld
214.1 gal
8.18 mpg
0 met

So trying to put this all together from circumstantial evidence (no documentation) it appears there is a way to select various subsets of information from the SilverLeaf system and display that information over the New Aire camera display panel.

Even more interesting based on the image above there must also be a SilverLeaf module somewhere on the coaches network harvesting real time data from the engine as well.

In this example it appears the new New Aire coach had 1751 miles on it consuming 214.2 gallons yielding an average of 8.18 mpg. This picture came from a dealers web page so that data is most likely associated with the trip from the factory to the dealer.

For those who all ready have SilverLeaf in older luxury coaches does this all make sense?

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #2

This is the VMS-330 module. See Silverleaf for documentation. New Product Announcement! | SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
I have never seen a New Aire in person. I made a decision to buy based on Newmar website documentation and several on line walk through videos posted to YouTube by several dealers.

As deliver day approaches I continue to work through any documentation I can find about the coach and related systems. For a coach with so many advanced features the documentation is clearly lagging.

SilverLeaf has been in some luxury coaches for several years, so thank goodness there are a few on forum with real life experience with the systems.

I recently discovered what appears to be a SilverLeaf cockpit selector control. I saw it flash by in a couple of videos but the folks in the videos never mentioned the control. There is no mention of this control in the SilverLeaf documentation I have been able to find.

In another video I discovered what appears to be engine information which is overlaid the external video camera panel in the NewAire. Other videos have shown the same display with coach environment data over the camera and coach electrical status information overlaid on the external camera images.

Here is one overlay showing engine status information in the New Aire. It is very hard to read. I blew the image up and was able to read some of print as follows:

So trying to put this all together from circumstantial evidence (no documentation) it appears there is a way to select various subsets of information from the SilverLeaf system and display that information over the New Aire camera display panel.

Even more interesting based on the image above there must also be a SilverLeaf module somewhere on the coaches network harvesting real time data from the engine as well.

In this example it appears the new New Aire coach had 1751 miles on it consuming 214.2 gallons yielding an average of 8.18 mpg. This picture came from a dealers web page so that data is most likely associated with the trip from the factory to the dealer.

For those who all ready have SilverLeaf in older luxury coaches does this all make sense?
Yes, you have it right. You can choose what you want to see on the screen and can change screens for other info. You can see all kinds of data about your engine, your mileage (instant, recent, long term...) You can see the air in all your tires and much more. You can control all the different coach (house) systems from that set of screens: turn on air, adjust heat, etc etc.

You have to be a bit careful, because you are taking your eye off the road when making the adjustments. Can be a real distraction but handy to have info at your fingertips when driving.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
This is the VMS-330 module. See Silverleaf for documentation. New Product Announcement! | SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc.
Thanks. I saw that module but the control was different.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post
You have to be a bit careful, because you are taking your eye off the road when making the adjustments. Can be a real distraction but handy to have info at your fingertips when driving.
Thanks RUFINIT. Looks like we are neighbors in the Winter. I have a house right next door in Rancho La Quinta.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
The SilverLeaf link above says this:

"Along with all the digitally accurate information from your engine and transmission, it comes with built-in support for Pressure Proô tire monitoring. **Additional Equipment Required**"

I asked to have tire pressure monitoring added to our New Aire as a special and was told no. Does anyone know if it is possible to link a TPM system to SilverLeaf aftermarket? If so, does it need to be Pressure Pro brand, or would others connect to SilverLeaf?
Old 09-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post

TurboPilot - In any of the videos or photos of the SilverLeaf display overlays did you happen to see tire pressure being reported? See my last post regarding not being able to add TPM to our New Aire order. I am wondering/hoping it may be included as a standard feature.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #8

Call SilverLeaf and talk to Art. He can provide you with the info you are looking for. Newmar I believe uses the Valor TPMS with the SilverLeaf in the King Aire and Essex. I do not think that can be added after production. The PressurePro I do believe can be added after production. Talk to Art at SilverLeaf and he will give you the info and estimated pricing.
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
TurboPilot - In any of the videos or photos of the SilverLeaf display overlays did you happen to see tire pressure being reported? See my last post regarding not being able to add TPM to our New Aire order. I am wondering/hoping it may be included as a standard feature.
kwilkins, if you call Art at SilverLeaf let us know the answer.

The only other SilverLeaf overlay page I could find was coach climate control.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My rig came with the VMS 400 CL. There are many items you can monitor available in the setup screens. Yes, Pressure Pro is available, takes a module connected to the VMS as well as sensors on/in the tires.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #11

On the new YouTube video on the New Aire posted today they claim the New Aire is delivered with the tire pressure monitoring on the 2019 models. ??